Projection

By killmenow - 14/06/2022 06:00

Today, after crying after remembering how horribly wrong it went, 10 years ago, with the only person I was ever able to trust enough to let them get close to me, and how no amount of therapy seems to help me, I read an FML about how nobody wants to date a 30 year-old who has never dated. I'm 29 and might as well give up. FML
I agree, your life sucks 800
You deserved it 227

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I've never asked any woman about her dating or romantic history. I think I'm like most guys who just don't give a shit about that. Women seem to want to know about our pasts, though. It's a double-standard.

I’m dating a woman with trust issues, and we’re taking it very slowly (her being a 6-hour drive away helps things.) Try to go into things with no expectations and don’t put so much pressure on yourself to find The One (TM) right away.

Comments

I am in the same ******* boat! except I am a bit past 30 I only ever dated 2 people with the last one lasting over 12ish years. we officially stopped talking about a week ago and it def hurts and feels lonely because she was only one I opened up like that with and after spending so much time together literally everything reminds me of her. that said the best advice I can give u is try keep urself busy its something I been trying to do and it's helping. I still feel lonely when it gets quiet and that happens often since I only have 2 friends but because of that imma get into streaming when I play games or something to further keep myself busy. other then that don't give up it will be difficult finding someone to date but it will not be impossible. try and think positive things and don't spiral into negative emotions like me it will cripple you and it gets hard to get out. I'm still working on that sometimes it feels like I take a step forward and 2 back but gotta keep moving one day at a time it will be difficult but try and try again. never belittle yourself you will find someone that you deserve but don't just settle for anyone either be open to the idea of dating again but remember ur partner should compliment you not complicate you.

I've never asked any woman about her dating or romantic history. I think I'm like most guys who just don't give a shit about that. Women seem to want to know about our pasts, though. It's a double-standard.

I’m dating a woman with trust issues, and we’re taking it very slowly (her being a 6-hour drive away helps things.) Try to go into things with no expectations and don’t put so much pressure on yourself to find The One (TM) right away.

Sonotsuave 35

You might not want to hear this, but sometimes focusing on other things outside of your dating life & building yourself up helps. I get the exhaustion of opening up to new people. I don’t trust easily and never have either. But nevertheless—-Love will come to you when you least expect it & when you’re ready. That’s coming from a 27, almost 28 year old who’s only dated 2 people in my life, and am in a serious relationship with the second right now. Also lost my virginity to my current at 26. I felt the same way for a long time, but I just built myself up with work and my career, school, friends & family, volunteering, hobbies & extracurriculars until I found the person I was meant to be with. Explore your hobbies further and do the work with your therapist to help better & heal yourself, and once you’re ready, I promise it’ll come. You just have to stop forcing it & focusing on it, oddly enough. Meeting people through your hobbies, local events, & friend groups are good starts. Good luck!