By notapedobear - 13/01/2011 08:21

Today, I was in a shopping centre when a little girl was running up and down the aisles. She started to fall over so I put my hand out to catch her. Her mother then ran up to me and screamed about me 'touching her child' so loud that everyone could hear. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 255
You deserved it 3 284

Same thing different taste

Top comments

The little kid should have screamed, "DON'T TOUCH ME THERE!"

Comments

IneffableLullaby 13

You should've told the mother that you wouldn't be needed to prevent the child from falling over if the mother was being responsible and keeping an eye on the child the entire time. Also, you should've scolded the mother for not teaching the child how to act in public.

RedPillSucks 31

In the past year, I've had to 1. grab a kid to prevent him from getting swept out to see by a big wave. 2. grab a kid who stood up in a shopping cart and was about to fall over. 3. save a kid who got his clothing caught in the escalator. None of these kids were mine and they were all between 4 and 7 years old, their parents were nearby but weren't paying attention at all. Each of these instances could have resulted in a dead kid, if I just stood by and watched.

Didn't know anyone could be "swept out to SEE" It's not your problem if the parents don't love their children enough to care for them, so why stress over it? You could have been held legally responsible for any injuries the child received while you were rescuing them. I normally enjoy your comments but this just seems like you were fishing for praise and that sucks. Plus, I'm calling "FAKE" on all your heroic deeds.

I've had #2 happen to me twice, and it was the same stupid bitch mother both times, but a different kid. Both time she was too busy perusing the magazines to keep an eye on her toddler. The first time, I said something ti her first, warning her. Her response? "Well if he falls, he'll know better next time." This kid looked to still have a soft spot in his head. Second time, I got the "Don't tell me how to raise my child!" bullshit. I hate people.

RedPillSucks 31

@61 I wasn't looking for praise. I was simply pointing out that sometimes you can't just sit back and let things happen just because it's not your responsibility. If you were in that situation and you did nothing but watch someone die, how would you feel?

@RedPillSucks It just seems entirely implausible that one person would have been a first hand witness to that many near child death experiences. And for such a hero to get on a web site an inform everyone of his heroic deeds? I call shenanigans! Why do you have the need to tell people? Isn't the good dead supposed to be it's own reward? And as for me not wanting to or thinking I should help, Well, I have a family of my own so I can't risk my life to save someone else. If I died, who would rock my baby to sleep? Who would be there to play dinosaurs with my toddler? You have to look at both sides of the issue. Here's a person who doesn't love their child enough to protect him, so I'm supposed to ruin my children's lives to save their kid? I'm all for helping my fellow man, but if it's going to chance some harm upon my children (physically, emotionally or financially) then I'll take being considered a bad person any day of the week.

next time let the kid fall, it'll prove a lesson to the kid not to run in stores, and a lesson to the parent to put the kid in a cart, or actually be a parent and watch their kid.

Yesterday, I saw a young girl fall of the curb, and I was a little sad to not have been closer to try and catch her before she hurt herself ... but now, I'm starting to think that it's better the way it happened. ... What a ****** up world !

Tolerance zero for these kinds of person. You didn't follow your child, or taught her better than running everywhere? Then you have no reason to criticize me. That's what I would have shouted, and if she continued, I would have punched her (and hoped that her husband isn't a 6'4, muscular freak).

you should've said: well at least I'm not the one she's running away from (:

smurfette88 0

lol ppl r ignorant these days... good for u for attempting to catch her, but unfortunately let em fall nxt go round... u a good 1 tho cause i would have talked bad to her ass for tryin to cause a scene. but thats me lol. u'll be alright tho ain't that crucial

Next time let the little brat fall. It's her mother's fault for not paying more attention to her in the first place. Maybe the resulting hospital bill will be steep enough to teach her that lesson.