By notapedobear - 13/01/2011 08:21

Today, I was in a shopping centre when a little girl was running up and down the aisles. She started to fall over so I put my hand out to catch her. Her mother then ran up to me and screamed about me 'touching her child' so loud that everyone could hear. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 255
You deserved it 3 284

Same thing different taste

Top comments

The little kid should have screamed, "DON'T TOUCH ME THERE!"

Comments

Yeah, #2 said it. It's a cruel world these days.

Are you a man or a woman? If you're a man, it's basically impossible to touch a child without someone at least thinking something like that. It's disgusting how everyone jumps to such an awful conclusion like that now. FYL, you were trying to help.

You're an idiot. This wasn't a serious comment.

#17 youre a ********. they tried to HELP the child not MOLEST then you *******

You'd get shafted either way - catch the kid and get titled a pedophile, or let the kid impact and get scolded for not helping them. The latter is less likely. So let them fall, they need those lessons.

sourgirl101 28

As long as the child didn't hurt herself, you did a good deed. However, I'd freak out if someone touched my kids too.

They teach the concept of 'bad touch' but they seem reluctant to remember that not all touches are bad. Sometimes in life, you have to touch other people. Sometimes, those people are children.

knibbsy 4

Exactly! Thank god the judge held those viewpoints as well, and dismissed my various charges of child abuse. There aren't many people left who understand the "rule of thumb" should be applied to your children as well. My kids respect me, because they understand they're fortunate that I have skinny thumbs!

Wow, no need to thumb him down :P. Considering what's written on his profile, he was not serious.

That my friend is the world we have all created. Everyone is a child molester. Obviously you missed that memo... that was followed by the, don't be thankful when someone is there for your kids when they fall memo.

You created this world?! Then **** you!! I keep trying to help keep kids from falling over left and right, and all I get is angry parents telling me to stop tripping their kids!

Agreed. I work in schools, and the first rule you learn is no physical contact with any child, at any time, for any reason. That's how you make sure they grow up healthy and well adjusted!

monnanon 13

yeah not hugging a child when they are crying or hurt is really helping them grow up well. I think its so sad that teachers cannot comfort the children in their care or restrain the little brats that are trying to kick the shit out of another. There are a few bad eggs but most people that work with kids are caring people who only want whats best.

RedPillSucks 31

Yeah. I was in that situation where a child was crying because her parents didn't show up for the school play like they said they would. I had to sit there and watch and couldn't comfort her at all. We're all guilty as pedophiles until proven innocent.

milakitty21 0
xmarkstheheart 0

Why is everyone saying it's all right for the so-called "mother" to freak out that someone made brief physical contact in the form of protecting her child, yet no one's mentioning that the woman SHOULD'VE been freaking out and beating herself up for not being there to prevent her daughter from running and stumbling? You should've punched that woman in the ******* FACE in front of her child.

DU0 0

Because in this day and age, nobody can settle personal conflicts with a good ol' fashion hoedown. And because battery is a b--.... Yeah

BellaGoBoom 6

How cynical 31. I, personally, handle everything with a nice round of fisticuffs. Unspoken Rules.

Princessdani16 0

I totally agree with u on this one

Should have let the kid fall. If the mother doesn't have enough sense to teach the kid how to act in public, then it's her job to keep the child safe, not yours. My oldest is 3 and even he knows better than to run around in a store. I teach my children how to act in public. A trip to Walmart alone will show you that there's a severe lack of home training now days!

xmarkstheheart 0

And remember, there IS a Good Samaritan law. You are legally required to help people in dire situations or you may face charges. In your defense, it is impossible to know when a child falling can turn dire. You did the right thing.

the Good Samaritan at least in the states only protects people who are trying to help others in an emergency situation but there is no law legally requiring you to help another person in distress that's why its better to always leave the situation alone so you cant get sued or charged with something

Not according to that Seinfeld episode in which they got arrested for standing by and watching someone get mugged. And everyone knows Seinfeld is the standard for American law.