By Jill - 15/06/2013 04:19 - United States - Santa Rosa

Today, I was going through my daughter's contacts, except all of them had names from Harry Potter. I found the name "Mom." I was relieved I didn't have some silly name, until I realized it wasn't my number; it was her father's new wife. My number was under "Voldemort." FML
I agree, your life sucks 53 349
You deserved it 22 743

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That's probably because you go through your daughters phone. No sympathy from me Voldy.

Could it simply be because you lack a nose and not due to your "evil" ways as a Mom? If it's any consolation, if your kids hate you, you must be doing something right!

Comments

dont snoop through your kids stuff! YDI

Maybe she knew and this is a hint for you to get a nose job

NOt enough info to really say whether the daughter deserved it or not, but if she had no real reason to go Thro her phone then I say ydi!

Wealthyparrot 9

I've seen this before, ages ago. So either one of two things is true: this is fake, or your daughter saw the same post as me. If the former, ydi for making this up. If the latter, ydi for going through your daughters contacts. Either way, ydi.

I hate it when parents go through their kids stuff, at least give them a warning before hand. My mom just takes my phone and reads my text then gets mad because they are "inappropriate" or I swore.

you might be able to get it changed to Tom Riddle if you stop spying

Maybe you should stay of your daughters phone I hate it when parents don't respect there children's privacy

YDI. You being her mom doesn't give you the right to invade on your daughters privacy.

Guiding a child has nothing to do with secretly looking through their phone etc. If OP's daughter would trust her mother she would come up to her and the guidance would be on the child's terms. Your idea of guidance through snooping around in the child's belongings is ineffective and shows a lack of respect towards the child which is completely wrong in every single way. Perhaps that's the reason her number was under the name Voldemort.

We don't know the reason she is going through her daughter's phone, it could be her daughter once or still does lie repeatedly about where/who she is with or who she is taking to, OP could have needed a number, or OP could really be a snoop. Also for all we know the Harry Potter names could be linked to reason number 1, or it could be she just really likes Harry Potter. My point is, OP is upset that her daughter prefers the new wife as a mom over her and that upsets her, so we should be commenting on that until we get more information. OP if you are upset, sit your daughter down and have a heart to heart with her ask why she is mad at you.

Whoops, ignore the "and that upsets her" that's what happens when you stop typing midsentence and on a tablet xP.