By Anonymous - 09/12/2009 21:05 - United States

Today, I was going into an office building. There was a boy and a man ahead of me, and the boy held the door open for me. Surprised, I said "What a nice young man," and he said. "It's ok, ma'am; my dad says to always hold the doors open for old ladies." I'm 43. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 648
You deserved it 6 324

Same thing different taste

Top comments

jeanii_fml 4

Well you're probably old to him, since he's just a boy.

Comments

OMG. My mom is 55 and I'm only thirteen. That bastard insulted my family!

AndreaHatesYou1 0

It was probably like, a 5 year old. Get the **** over it. When you were his age you probably thought THIRTY was old.

a192837465 0

seeing as how your almost 2 thirds way done with your life then yes you are old

actually seeing as the life expectancy in the US is 78 being 43 would be just a little over half way... not two-thirds.

Kids think everyone over the age of 25 is old. -_______- Especially if their parents are relatively young...going by the recent trend, it wouldn't be hard to believe his father is still in his twenties. They don't understand that while you may be OLDER than them, that doesn't make you OLD. Let it go.

Guess it's time to take up knitting and start playing bingo every week.

KayleeFrye 39

I was reading the comments, and I can't believe how many people consider 43 old. Then I realized that most of these people are probably bratty prepubescents and teenagers who have no idea about...anything, really. To the OP-don't let it get you down. When I was younger, I probably thought 43 was old, too. Not to sound TOO condescending, seeing as I'm only a few days shy of 27, but kids and teenagers just don't have any perspective. Even when you ARE old, (which won't happen for another 20-25 years, at least) be proud of it. But for now, enjoy life and ignore all morons! To the bratty kids- The elderly have more knowledge and world experience than you can imagine. Take advantage of their wisdom, and their stories. I used to love hearing my grandparents talking about growing up in the Great Depression, fighting in World War II, experiencing things that I only heard about in history class. Grow up and show some respect, and hope you're lucky enough to live that long and experience life. Wow. I kinda went on a tangent there...sorry!

just because people think 43 is old doesn't make them brats. pretty sure you haven't met them so you'd have no idea whether they're brats or not. you're right, kids don't have perspective, they think anything over 15 is old. But even 40 year olds don't have as much perspective as 70 year olds. Think about it, once you hit 75 or so, death is really not that far off. Yeah some people are fortunate and live to 90, or 100, or older, but the life expectancy in Aus is 81 and in the US is 78, so anyone approaching that age is quite old, but I'm sure lots of 80 year olds would say they don't feel old! 40 is half way there, so that's approaching 'old'. Also just because commenters are agreeing that 43 is old doesn't mean they're disrespectful so you didn't need to go on your little "you should appreciate older people" rant.

That is bullshit. Just because someone is older doesn't mean they have any wisdom, at all. I'm tired of people sticking up for old people just because, well, they're old. They're going to die soon, oh well, that's how life is. You're trying to tell me that once everyone is 70 you better listen to and respect them 'cause OBVIOUSLY they know what's going on. No, sorry, they can be just as clueless as a 16 year old, thank you. In my opinion, 43 is old enough to be called so. I'm 22.

You're right. Just because someone is older doesn't mean anything. It is the quality of the person's life determined by how truthfully that person examines his motives and reasoning. How well he is able to think and how well he can see himself. Ultimately, if they've been stupid all their lives, well, they'll be stupid old people.

Didn't you think 43 was old when you were a child? It seems like just yesterday I was little and thinking how old 20 was!

a192837465 0

wtf is variable text and why do I need it in a comment?????

old is 80 plus. ur young, but mabye start taking some veggie drinks and vitamin pills. my mom does and she looks 30 and she's 56

Of course you're old! You're older than him! He's a kid!!!