By Anonymous - 09/12/2009 21:05 - United States

Today, I was going into an office building. There was a boy and a man ahead of me, and the boy held the door open for me. Surprised, I said "What a nice young man," and he said. "It's ok, ma'am; my dad says to always hold the doors open for old ladies." I'm 43. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 648
You deserved it 6 324

Same thing different taste

Top comments

jeanii_fml 4

Well you're probably old to him, since he's just a boy.

Comments

Society tells women to value youth, its not their fault. Sensitivity fail.

My 12 year old sister calls me old all the time. I'm only 22. She calls my brother ancient, he's 27. Get over it, it's not a big deal.

Really it was just a kid. When I started 1st grade I thought the 5th graders were old.

hehehe :) Ahh, so what? He was trying to be polite. You're as young as you feel ;) Btw 43 isn't old, especially when you get older, your perspective changes. I remember, I use to think 30s-40s was old when I was in high school.

waterynuggets 0

Oh, boo ******' hoo. Go take your geritol and relax. Call me, granny. Wink wink.

guckylynn 19

It's a kid. They call me old and I'm only 21.

Im not trying to be mean, or insult you or hurt your feelings in anyway but, 43 is short of old. You should do what everyone does when they start aging and just embrace it and try to the good side of getting old e.g. wiser, cheaper prices for seniors, people asking to hold your bags etc etc. If you still care about looking young then i suggest using anti skin aging cream and google '7 foods that make you look young'.

When you say "boy", do you mean like an 8 year old, or like a 17 year old? Coz yeah a 17 year old should know better than to call a middle-aged person old, but to 8 year olds, anything over 15 is old. I remember when I was in grade 8 I thought college students were old, let alone people who were married with kids.