By Anonymous - 09/12/2009 21:05 - United States

Today, I was going into an office building. There was a boy and a man ahead of me, and the boy held the door open for me. Surprised, I said "What a nice young man," and he said. "It's ok, ma'am; my dad says to always hold the doors open for old ladies." I'm 43. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 648
You deserved it 6 324

Same thing different taste

Top comments

jeanii_fml 4

Well you're probably old to him, since he's just a boy.

Comments

Sorry to be the one to tell you this, ma'am, but the kid is correct; it is indeed polite to hold the door open for old ladies. Or would you rather he just let it slam in your face?

kids don't know what old is. get over it.

Psshhhh hes a little kid, everything is old compared to him. YDI

This is not FML worthy. **** My Life because a little boy thinks I'm old...

i agree. this absolutely fails on the funny-scale. she's just being sensitive.

Hahaha. The fact that everyone here thinks 43 is old just shows that they're all probably under 15-ish. Both my parents are older than that, so...

This isn't an FML. This is kind of adorable, lol.

oh come on! it's just a kid! compared to him, of course you are old! get over it!

I can see how something like that could ruin your day. I don't think I'm fat at all and once someone asked me how far along I was...I've always had a flat stomach but bigger hips so it really bugged me that someone said that. People's perceptions differ. My mom is 44 and absolutely gorgeous, I don't view her as old but a young boy might. Little kids don't realize what tact is--they just say things as they see them..