By anon - 26/07/2010 04:22 - United States

Today, I was fired from the restaurant I work at because I missed my shift. I missed it because I was in the hospital for food poisoning from the meal I ate at work last night. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 097
You deserved it 3 221

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

it takes about a week for food poisoning to kick in, bug chances are that's where you ate a week ago anyway.

956chika 0

I say sue them..for food poisining and for firing u on top of that..srry op I agree w u fyl..

if you were sick from a meal you had a day before your shift you wouldve had ample time to call in sick, so ydi for not doing so.

I finally get it. everyone in the states always sue eachother. cause there are so many retards, and its the best option in a lot of cases if this is serious, then yes, FYL op, hope you get better

ducuss 0

Yes, we are so stupid, we can't use proper grammar like you.

If you hurt my feelings again I'll sue your ass. :)

sheheartsthings 0

Hey I got fired for being in the hospital too! ^5 Shit ******' sucks.

rubyliu8420 7
MattyBusta 1

contact your local union if your restaurant has one

Not possible idiot, it takes 3 days for food poisoning to take effect. there's no way you would feel the effects the next day.

At #88 HACCP certified chef, here. You are inccorect! While it is true that food poisoning will OFTEN take around three days to manifest, there are certainly kinds that will make you violently ill right away! In fact, generally those are the kind bad enough to send you to the hospital. This is because most food poisoning is caused by a fairly small amount of bacteria allowed to grow on the food, which find some kind of refuge in your stomach and multiply over the course of several days. However, if the source of the food poisoning is chemical in nature (food was contaminated by a cleaning agent, food was allowed to sit out SO long that the bacteria produced so much toxin it killed itself off, that sort of thing), the negative effects will begin to appear much faster. In addition, there are some kind of foodborne bacteria (such as Vibrio parahaemolyticus or Vibrio vulnificus (the bacterias famously found in raw oysters)) that, for whatever reason (I honestly don't know why, I just know it's so), are so particularly offensive they will affect a person right away even if contamination is minimal. You're welcome!