By Lexiebear27 - 19/09/2011 15:56 - United States

Today, I was fired for being a very happy and perky employee. According to my boss, it freaks both the customers and my co-workers out. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 007
You deserved it 6 812

Same thing different taste

Top comments

qhostred 0

Unless you work at a funeral home, I really don't see anything wrong with being happy

Well if they didn't appreciate you the way you were, then **** em.

Comments

CiaranPM 0

Your boss is right. It's ******* weird.

Wow. I guess you won't be so happy and gushy at work from now on.

ritzia 4

Would you rather work with some one who's angry all the time?I wouldn't then they will just make you unhappy.

Are you like that "sham-wow" guy? Ugh! Can't blame your boss for firing you. Overly happy people get on my nerves.

gushy? nobody likes an overly-emotional employee. comes as annoying, fake, or both.

structuredchaoz 4

Sue them for wrongfull termination without due cause.

Three words, "Employment at will." You should look it up, as being happy isn't a protected right and thus can be fired over.

perdix 29

I'm thinking the OP works at an animal shelter and talks like the Dunkin Donuts guy, endlessly repeating his creepy mantra, "Time to gas the puppies!" Yeah, you have got to go.

Well, I have to wonder just HOW happy you were to be freaking people out... They could have just told you to tone it down, but yeah, it's annoying and creepy to walk into a store and have some nut job leaping up out of the shadows and screeching "HIIIIIII!!!!!! HOW CAN I HELP YOU OMG I LOVE YOUR SOCKS, THEY ARE JUST TO DIE FOR!!!!!!!! YOU KNOW WE'RE HAVING A SALE ON SOCKS YOU GOTTA SEE THEM, YOU'RE GONNA JUST DIE, DIE I TELL YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"