By Anonymous - 29/10/2009 21:14 - United States

Today, I was driving to work. I saw a cute boy in the car next to me. To try and look cool, I pretended I was talking on my cell phone. I got pulled over and got a ticket for using my cell phone while driving. FML
I agree, your life sucks 7 238
You deserved it 70 672

Same thing different taste

Top comments

bittersweets 2

Since when does talking on a cellphone look cool? YDI!

perdix 29

Picking your nose would have looked cooler -- because it's not illegal.

Comments

FalsePretense 0

just because you look at other people while driving doesn't mean other people are doing the same thing. He wouldn't have noticed you anyway so you fail

This is why you never try to be cool

i dont understand what you are saying, it doesnt make sense.

You somewhat deserved it. If you wanted to look cool. Do something else like roll the window down and let the wind blow your your hair or Turn on the radio. Or do both! But anything is beter then pretending to be on the phone.

Trebie 6

You were probably better off just smiling at him or, if you were at a stoplight, waving. I think if he had looked over and seen you busy talking on the phone, he wouldn't have bothered with you... Since most people actually don't like having their cell phone conversations interrupted by strangers. (I know I don't.)

hbgoddard 0

Girl: *Looks over and sees guy* "Holy crap, he's hot! How do I look cool to attract him? Oh, I know, I'll pretend to talk on my cell phone! Guy: *Looks at girl, sees her on her phone* "That driver should get off her cell phone, doesn't she know it's illegal in California? Hey, here comes a cop! Let's watch this. *Girl gets pulled over* Cop: "Excuse me miss, but it's illegal to talk on your phone while driving." Girl: "But I wasn't talking on my phone." Cop: "Then why were you holding it up to your ear...?" Girl: "I was just trying to look cool to attract that guy in the car next to me." Cop: "Since when is talking on a cell phone, which almost everyone has, cool?" *facepalm* Guy: *Sees cop facepalm, starts laughing like hell* Cop: "Well, look at him now. I don't think your too cool." Girl: *Looks at guy* "Damn. I guess I'll go to the internet to try and get sympathy, where as I am obviously stupid. Maybe I can get off the hook for being a woman driver." Cop: "You still have to pay the ticket."

When will people realize that the phrase "trying to be cool" (or cute) will be an automatic YDI?

lol, my favorite was the girl who tried to be cool by taking a bite of a burrito "Trying to act cool, i bit into my burrito..." say what?

how the **** is talking on a cell phone cool looking?!

LOL Talking on a cellphone is so old maybe try talking to your car and hope it replies LMAO!