By StillTooYoung - 20/01/2013 13:13 - United States - Louisville

Today, I was discussing with my husband how it was time I stopped taking birth control so we could have a baby. He looked at me and said sincerely, "We're a little young to be having kids, don't you think?". He's 35 and I'm 32. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 751
You deserved it 5 208

Same thing different taste

Top comments

imagineapc 11

Sounds like your husband doesn't wants kids. Don't pull the goalie on him, he'll resent you.

Comments

A good number of men seem to feel that they are too young to have children or start a family in their 30's. Unfortunately for women our eggs start to become less viable in our 30's and our clocks start really ticking and telling us it's now or never. I am truly sorry that he feels that way. Maybe you two should have this conversation before marriage so you would know where you stood on when a family could be started.

Did you two discuss having children before this conversation? If not, he could just not want kids. If he doesn't, don't try to change his mind. Parenting is a decision that should be made whole-heartedly because both parties want to.

Doesn't make it a good idea biologically or in terms of adult energy levels when handling a teen. Someone might be fine coping with a toddler at 47 :P but that doesn't mean they'll cope with a teen in their 60s.

CharresBarkrey 15

Not wanting kids makes you immature? Right.

There is no set "right" time, I had my daughter at 20 & will have my 2nd child at 23. I have a fiancé and we own our own house/vehicles & have finished college and chosen our life careers.

I can just see u trying to trick him into having kids. In cases of trickery, I don't blame the guy if he wants to leave

SApprentice 34

77- Not every women who wants to have a child is some crazy nutjob who is going to start poking holes in condoms and secretly going off her birth control to get what she wants. I see no evidence here that points to OP being deceitful. On the contrary, she opened up honestly with her husband about her desires. You seem to have a really pitiful view of women if reading this automatically makes you assume that she's going to be some lying, scheming harlot.

Actually ik a lot of girls who have tried it. I've also heard a lot of stories about girls desperately wanting kids and have tricked them by lying. It's actually how my sisters ex husbands new wife got prego. She lied to him about being on birth control and voila. Maybe it's just cuz I'm surrounded by messed up girls *shrug*

He's not immature, he's not a terrible person, and he's not being a dick about it. He's not ready, or he doesn't want them. You don't get to push someone into a decision that will change their life drastically, and determine their entire future. What's wrong with you people? You should've known how he felt about important life decisions before you got married, but this problem is solved with a clear headed and sensible conversation about your future together and whether or not a little devil spawn will be part of it.

Wouldn't that be something you would discuss a long time ago, like before you got married?

They could have discussed this, and he felt differently later.

#47 I am almost 21 and my mom will be turning 37 around sept... I also have a son who is almost 2. Lol I will have both my mom and son for a long time and thinking that way makes me very happy. We do alright in terms of our financial issue and my bf is doing a great job supporting us. It's true this happened by accident, but we love how it turned out. There never really is a "right" time accident or planned, regarding marital status and financial status, it just depends if it feels right for you. Also for anyone who says something about us not being married... I don't care, I do not really ever plan on getting married.