By Anonymous - 26/04/2013 18:01 - Mexico - Ensenada

Today, I was denounced for being a terrible person, because my family raises chickens, some of which we eat. I was then told how cruel I am for "killing innocent birds" and that "good" people buy their meat from the supermarket. FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 974
You deserved it 3 259

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Yes, god-fearing people buy their meat from the big companies who keep their chickens stacked in a square foot box, stacked 10 high in rows of 100, where mans dominion is unquestioned, how dare you blaspheme and raise chickens in a sustainable manner.

Comments

Let the incessant mockery begin! As a former free range chicken farmer, that person is the definition of dumbass. Good on you op for home grown.

its_tuesday 6

This is dumb. Good people don't eat animals at all.

So then I guess that means all humans are instinctually bad, and the only "good" people are the ones who go against their natural instincts for meat to go eat grass instead.

Too bad some people don't get eaten by pterodactyls anymore.

Most supermarket chickens are raised 5-6 to a cage and never see the light of day. They are de-beaked so they peck each other to death and fed so many antibiotics to keep them from getting sick due to the abysmal living conditions they are raised in. I was a vegetarian for nearly 20 years due to supermarket meats and the practices that are used to raised them. I now only eat free-range humanely raised animals that I purchase from local farmers and once I have a house I plan to raise my own chickens for eggs and meat. That person is most definitely ignorant of the way that farming works for the masses.

have u ever seen a free range bird barn its the same thing as a turkey barn but pays better cuz California idiots will buy anything if its "humane and organic" dumbass

Yeah, since apparently the supermarket magically makes meat without killing animals ._.

if you think the animals used for meat in stores get treated 10% as good as anyones "pet" your a fool

You're. Dip sh*t. And that is complete crap. Chickens kept as pets are treated so much better. I'm also giving you benefit of the doubt assuming you've never met a person with chickens or any other farm animal as a pet.

Cows and chickens aren't pets... They are food

NagainaFier 16

You might want to reread, 109; from what I can gather, they're agreeing with you.

TheWhiteLotus 5

@57: stfu...that was equally as ignorant.

I guess the chicken at the supermarket were guilty birds. Badum tss