By go snope yourself - 26/01/2013 21:51 - United Kingdom

Today, I was debating which hurts more: child-birth or a kick to the testicles. Some guy spouted the old urban legend that a nut-kick is 9000 "dels", and giving birth is 57, so I proved that no such measurement of pain exists. His comeback was to sucker-punch me to the floor. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 257
You deserved it 8 775

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Can you tell me how much that Hz, on a scale of 1-10?

Honestly I wish that people would stop treating myths as scientific fact.

Comments

All right, I'm not reading through all the comments, so let me throw in my two cents. There is NO unit of pain called a del, as a simple Google search will tell you. We can only estimate which hurts more. We cannot accurately do that because: 1. Not all minds are the same. As individuals, we handle pain differently. 2. Because both are specific to a gender, a single human cannot experience both. I get extremely tired of this, "is it worse to be a man or a woman" debate. I'd like to finish with a little bit of advice that everyone should apply to their life: Check Snopes before you make stupid assumptions.

Dels is actually the unit of measurement for pain. Sorry you got hit though :(

Nativeangel412 2

Ok first of all the human body can only endure 45 del of pain and a women encounters 57 which is the equivalent of breaking 22 bones at once. For a guy imagine having a watermelon come out of your asshole.

I concur, YouAreMyPrey. I'd like to add that 57 del=22 bones breaking would mean that you experience 2.59 del per bone break. So, by that reasoning, approximately 0.059 is a stubbed toe, and a razor cut is 0.2 del. Oh, and having soap in your eye is about 1 del. This seems like really stupid math, no? I mean, anyone can make these figures up.

KalCountry76 12

i have no opinion because there is no way for comparison. and in the end, what does it matter? so you can look someone of the other gender in the eye and say "haha! we (fe/males) can endure more pain than you!!" like you deserve an award?

Nativeangel412 2

Ok if a women wants to have another kid its because she love her first child so much she wants to have another one . If you ask a guy if he wants a kick to the balls then of course he'll say no but if you ask a women if she wants to endure the pain of giving birth then she'll say hell no.

mikehuntidges 2

Totally agreed. If a woman could carry and deliver a baby with no painor discomfort, I'm sure a lot of women who don't like the idealf having kids might reconsider!

been kicked in the nuts its a big HELL NO the nuts got no muscle or fat protecting it or the sick amount of nerve endings it has would rather take a punch in the face from mike tyson than a kick to the nuts

Funny thing is that Del actually is a measurement of pain. YDI

Another problem with getting hit in the nuts is the randomness of it. Usually there is little to no warning. Childbirth is still much longer and I'm sure very painful, but at least you know it's coming. Also, a good bit of advice for any man out there - don't try to compare them to a woman. It will end badly for you.

Child birth can last for hours and even for some people days. While a kick in the nuts hurts for a few minutes, an hour at most...

mikehuntidges 2

A lot of guys don't seem to realize that long before labor, women's pelvic and pubic bones begin to seperate to make room for the baby. I'm currently going through this and just moving my hips to roll over at night causes pain serious enough to wake me up. I'd take a swift kick in the nuts any day instead of the pregnancy/birthprocess!