By Aberrombie Blue - 18/04/2013 23:01 - United States - Durham

Today, I was at my little girl's concert. She plays the clarinet, and in the middle of her solo, her phone started ringing. She decided to stop, check her phone, and continue playing. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 884
You deserved it 14 116

Same thing different taste

Top comments

How old is she and what happened afterwards?

I hope she's not really little.. She shouldn't have a phone if that's the case.

Comments

She had her phone with her on stage because....?

savvysomething 5

Wow... before she got off the stage did she take pics of the audience to put on Instagram?

ileenefudge 29

She shouldn't have even had her phone on her let alone be checking it like that.

... Wow! That should be pretty embarrassing. I can picture the audience "... Seriously?". I hope you had a long chat with your daughter.

Iniezian 18

Oh how I weep for the new generation.

kyu_Q 19

Today children as young as 3 are getting iPhones ( posted in an FML) I didn't get a cell phone until I was 21. Sure they were expensive back then but I didn't NEED it. Children in middle school don't need additional distractions. And the mindset of adults today using phones in the movies and shows, while driving or riding a bike ( another FML ) are where children are getting their values.

Some parents I think just want to be able to stay in touch with their children for safety reasons and in case of an emergency. Don't they have locks on phones so that can only send/receive calls/texts from selected numbers, though?

monnanon 13

i can guarantee you that if phones and tablets were aa prevelent as they are today we all would have had them in our teens at least. personally i would not give my son a mobile until he started walking to and from school alone but this parent will have a reason and it might not be just a case of a little kid getting a phone.maybe the kid has a medical condition and needs to have easy access to a phone? probably not but you never know

Trisha_aus 15

A 3 year old with an iphone? I find that hard to believe. Are you sure it wasn't the parent's phone and the child was just playing with it? that's ridiculous. Don't kids play with legos anymore?

monnanon 13

i let my three year old play with my kindle but not very often. most kids play with real toys and play outside but theres nithing wrong with using tech too. his nursery has three ipads filled with kids games. it helps them to learn and even something like doodle jump can teach them dexerity and increase reaction times and coordination. having one of thier own is a bit much though.

BellaBelle_fml 23

I'm not 100% at what age exactly I will allow my future children have their own cells. But when they do get one they must complete their homework and chores before they are allowed to use them for personal use at home and such. Also, as long as they get their exercise and a good amount of sunshine I really don't have a problem with video games and the like either. My husband is a computer tech and built his own computer at the age of 16. He's also a massive video and computer game fan. He's played all of the classics and most of the new ones. He owns all of the current gaming systems as well. I am a nurse and I have a gastrointestinal disease, Crohn's disease, as well as osteoarthritis. So a healthy diet and exercise plan is very important to me. Because technology and gaming is important to my husband, and health is important to me, and my husband but more so me lol, I want my children to experience both worlds.

I understand that in our times and days, you want your kid to be able to call for assistance, should the need arise. This said, a phone is going to be a distraction for most kids. When I have kids and they are in age to go to school by themselves but still too young to own a phone, I will get them this type of phones you only use to call a few emergency numbers and on which they can be contacted, with no extra features. I see kids as young as 10 owning Iphones and I just wanna facepalm. Why on earth would they need one? So it's a little YDI, you should teach your girl her priorities and good manners.

Ydi for having a daughter that was raised in a such a despicable way with no respect towards anyone what so ever. I would think about adoption after something like this were to happen to me.

BellaBelle_fml 23

I was preparing to tear you a new one when I noticed that in your profile you said, "I like to troll people." Good one…