By MadelynGraceS - 28/12/2015 06:56 - United States - Lafayette

Today, on my day off, despite working a night shift the night before I was up early to clean and cook all day to spoil my boyfriend. At 10 p.m. when I finally settled down into the bathtub, my phone rang. It was work, asking where I was for my shift. I didn't have the day off. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 447
You deserved it 3 904

MadelynGraceS tells us more.

This was my post! To clarify, I worked a night shift and woke up early in the morning. I guess someone told my work ( I work at a hospital) that I was covering their shift so I was supposed to come back in that night but never heard about it. People change schedules without notifying everyone a lot lol. And that would suck! if my boyfriend called to break up with me I'd just get out of the tub and go beat him up since we live together :p

Top comments

At least it wasn't your boyfriend breaking up with you on the phone.

Hope you didn't get into to much trouble OP !

Comments

Im sure many good deeds go unpunished, hopefully OP doesn't get punished and is given a day off. I guess OP should be prude when planning a day off from work, and make sure she's correct about it. She sure deserves it from how well she treats her boyfriend and probably others as well!

Wow OP I'm sorry. You're obviously an awesome girlfriend and person. I hope you were able to get your night off.

At least it wasn't your boyfriend breaking up with you on the phone.

Still pretty bad though considering she was not only up all morning, but she also used up all her energy and now has to work all night... Could be a full 24 hrs until she gets to sleep again, just thinking about it makes me tired. So very sorry, OP

Hope you didn't get into to much trouble OP !

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
FalloutScrolls 25

They did make sense. Maybe you aren't intelligent enough to understand something if it isn't worded perfectly.

darthhera 11

Often times when one has a night shift, working the next day would only give them a couple hours of sleep. If the job is particularly grueling, it's nearly impossible to be awake and alert enough. Lack of proper sleep does cause memory problems.

#9 thank you, sorry I was typing fast and thought everyone would understand what I'm saying but I guess not XD need to work on my writing skills

#21 oh right. I'm a student so I didn't know it was easy to forget things when working night shifts. I thought like they had a day off another day of the same week and they possibly mistakenly thought it happened to be today.

I had checked the scheduale for the next only to be told i wasn't on it, to get called when i was supposed to start my shift that I should have checked or "they forgot to write me down". And if my momwere to answer the phone they'd get pissy with her too.

27. If you were a proper student you'd know all about what it's like to work when tired :p

She had just had night shift the night before. Here in Australia, you're not allowed to work for an employer for longer than 16.5 hours, including travel time. Then you have to be at home for at least 10 hours before that counter resets and you can work again. It was a reasonable assumption to think she had the day off seeing as how it's, you know, law in certain countries.

Damn #34. I've worked a double at my job, 5:30 am to 10:30 pm and been scheduled to go right back in at 5:30 am the next day. I wish we had such nice laws here in the us.

Mathalamus 24

whoops. well, at least your boyfriend appreciates you. :)

moocowmilk0 19

Dang that sucks. I hope you still have your job

you should keep a copy of your shift schedule at home just to be sure.

some places don't do shift scheduales, thevstore I worked at would write who was supposed to work the next day on a post it ans leave it by the registers, if you couldn't call on yourvday off to find out you were basically screwed.

Sorry to late to edit, I'm not really used to the keyboard I used to write that comment.

This. This is why I take a photo of the schedule, and check it constantly.