Nervous laughter

By Anonymous - 12/03/2017 04:00

Today, I went to my kid's band concert. She's 12 and in the advanced team. They were the first ones to play and they were so incredibly bad that I laughed. Really, really loud. I was escorted out of the recital. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 314
You deserved it 7 421

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Wow, way to encourage your kid and her self esteem Dad.

Sounds like you should learn some self control

Comments

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Sounds like "advanced" means "they're ******* 12 year olds".

ShinnamonBun 7

In my town, 12 is more than old enough to be at least decent if you're in the "advanced" group

Sounds like you should learn some self control

Wow, way to encourage your kid and her self esteem Dad.

Connor1623 10

Did you just assume this persons gender?

Mahershmallow 1

He literally says "she's 12"

Mahershmallow 1
fiercehawk 20

Gender is indicated as male on the post by the little stick man. The little stick ladies have skirts.

Viewerv 2

The Chain smokers are one of the hottest music acts around. They managed to get a hits and stick around even in this day and age of fast rise and fall. Yet them bombed hard during the MTV awards live performances. Those guys are multimillionaire professionals! Destroying the confidence of twelve year old over a bad performance, when even professional screw up, is not FML but YD to be tarred and feathered!

Whispra 5

Why would you do that to your kid?

8313girl 28

Lol sounds like something I'd do but thankfully I had enough sense to not have kids. Congrats you have a sick dark sense of humor. Bad thing is you used it at the wrong time. I hope you took your kid out for ice cream or something to make it up to them.

You're a terrible parent!! The good ones learn to fake it and keep a straight face. Then, in private, bust a ******* gut!!!

I've heard of brown notes. What is it called when the notes makes you laugh uncontrollably?

OP, you're an asshole and I feel sorry for your kid. More like FYKL (**** Your Kid's Life).

jcash52426 5

Your a father your suppose to support your child even if she is bad at something. your job encourage your child, and help if they need help to do better with school, music and their health. You got what you deserved!

You are supposed to encourage your children but when they are bad at something you need to find a gentle way to tell them and get hem presume something they will succeed in. I love to draw but I sucked, my mother nipped it on the bud early. I'm grateful now, as I was able to peruse and master something I was good at.

Viewerv 2

See this is the problem. We all suck in the beginning. Some more so then others. If you enjoy something, keep at it until you don't want to do it any more. How do you know you wouldn't be good if you kept at it? The famous aren't always the best. They are just the ones who refused to listen to parents who "nipped it in the bud" and of course, continued to work to improve or find a niche they were good in.

I sucked at drawing too, but now I tattoo for a living. Practice and encouragement are vital in a child's upbringing!