By Ben - 01/03/2010 03:46 - United States

Today, I was arrested for DWI in my own apartment complex. I had to be released into the custody of a sober adult, but I wasn't allowed access to my phone to get any numbers. I only have a few memorized. So I was picked up from jail by my ex-girlfriend and her fiancé - my manager at work. FML
I agree, your life sucks 21 021
You deserved it 17 379

Same thing different taste

Top comments

this is a huge ydi. don't drive drunk idiot

Go to ******* hell, OP. Here's hoping you wind up with your head inside a tree trunk sooner or later. Two of my friends have died thanks to people like you.

Comments

http://www.helpjacqui.com/home.htm YDI. Asshole.

Who's right, elle? You, the excessive curser, or me, the actual police officer? Sometimes I wonder why I come to this site. About 20% of all these FMLs are just "Today, I intentionally broke the law, and the stupid 'po-po' (God, I hate that word) caught me and rightfully punished me for something I clearly did wrong! FML!" Contrary to popular belief, laws are made to be FOLLOWED. Because sometimes when people break them, other people DIE.

Laws are not about what's "right". They are simply legal tradeoffs for behavior that legislators don't like. Does assotiating your job with morality make you feel better about tasering people and invading their privacy?

You got it all wrong you are guilty until proven innocent in the United States regardless of what the Constitution says.

dumb ass.... 'you could have killed someone....go die' that's the dumbest thing I have ever heard. you want him to die, because he could have killed someone else.... (but he didn't kill anyone) your a dumb ass.

You get no sympathy from me. Next time you want to get drunk, walk.

**** that I would just say I don't know anyones phone number and wait for them to give me one out of it or just let me out.

snickers by any chance are you a laywer grammar Nazi XP jk lol

You guys, you're not really being balanced here. Speeding is involved in the majority of fatal collisions - more than drunk drivers. Studies also show that talking on your cell phone is actually more impairing than being legally drunk. The point here is that drunk driving is stupid and reckless, but so are lots of behaviors that drivers do every day - yet nobody gets on their case for doing those the same way, unless they get into an accident. If you have ever driven after having had any amount of alcohol (protip: this is a great deal of drinkers, and probably most), the only thing separating you from OP is that nothing bad happened to you. If you were to get stopped for something else, you could be charged with DUI in most states, even if you were below .08. FYL OP, for now, but you did what you did, so YDI, too. I hope to God you learned your lesson.

kaitlynxann 0

I wouldn't call this a YDI or an FML. I'd call it more of a LYFHAETCETBYAOOJ (lucky you for having an ex that cares enough to bail your ass of of jail).