By Ben - 01/03/2010 03:46 - United States

Today, I was arrested for DWI in my own apartment complex. I had to be released into the custody of a sober adult, but I wasn't allowed access to my phone to get any numbers. I only have a few memorized. So I was picked up from jail by my ex-girlfriend and her fiancé - my manager at work. FML
I agree, your life sucks 21 021
You deserved it 17 379

Same thing different taste

Top comments

this is a huge ydi. don't drive drunk idiot

Go to ******* hell, OP. Here's hoping you wind up with your head inside a tree trunk sooner or later. Two of my friends have died thanks to people like you.

Comments

I wasn't drunk when I got a DUI. and who uses their signal to switch lanes on an empty road at 3am? not me. sorry I'm not a perfect driver like you snickerdoodle

crackiebob 0

you don't drink how are you to say

I don't seem to be under that impression... as I said earlier people start feeling effects at .05 when drinking maybe if you drank you would know how LITTLE alcohol it takes to have a .05 bac. and the reason I kept using .08 was because that's the LEGAL limit but perhaps you didn't know that. most people in Chicago like me don't use their signals. mommy and daddy should be proud you're the perfect little driver

Snicker wasn't that you who cut me off and flipped me the bird the other night. You didn't use your turn signal then. I know a police officer who gave a brethalizer to somebody who had just drove to an afterbar and he blew a .2 over twice the legal limit and nobody could tell that he was drunk even the people he drove to the party who hadn't started drinking yet. Alcohol affects people differantly and needless to say none of them let him drive anymore. A pretty shitty person in my mind but oh well.

Daerauko 0

in the words of the dropkick murpheys. "drinking and driving is so much fun!"

Flamersplamer 0

don't blame the drunk driver, it is peoples own fault if they run out into a road when a car is coming at them with no intention of stopping and the same for not avoiding them while driving themselves.

Flamersplamer 0

some idiot drunk ran a light at 90mph in a 40mph zone, you know what i did, now listen because this is important, i didn't walk out in front of him. and your response is the idiotic one, most of the people who are hit by drunk drivers, weren't paying attention to the road at the time or they wouldn't have been in the road when a car obviously was going to fast and not slowing down. how is that anything like, "oh a plane is flying at this building, we better move."

Daerauko 0

haha none of you posters are twentyone are you? if you aren't old enough to drink (or already drink) then you really have no room to talk because you don't understand what you are talking about.

I'm over twenty-one, I drink, I know the mental and physical efffects of alcohol from a personal and clinical point of view. I will drive after one hour for every ounce of alcohol. Driving with alcohol in your system though is wrong, and can cause deaths. I've lost two good friends to drunk drivers, one of whom gave his life to save the drunk that hit him. I also know a few people who have been drunk drivers.... people make mistakes, but there are always consequences.

GodBarack 5

In Australia, you can drink at 18. In Italy, it's 16.

letitbe56 0

What's to understand? Driving drunk is really, really dumb under any circumstances. End of story. If these kids didn't have to learn that from experience, the better for them, because it means they'll never have to.

Daerauko 0

haha let me clarify because obviously you people didn't understand my meaning. people who drink don't always know when they've hit the magical number .07. It is achieved slightly different everytime you drink. maybe you drank a lil too fast this time or didn't eat enough today or just left the get thogether too early. it isn't always easy to know when too many has been achieved. in fact, that's why there is the dram shop law. (which I'll leave to you people to look up)

Drinking and driving can be fun, but it's completely wrong and illegal because you can cause a tragedy, that's when the "fun" part ends. You kids saying that it's funny should think about it seriously.

I'm 25, just for reference.. And being from britain I have been legally old enough to drink for seven years, so I know well what I'm talking about. Here in Norway it's illegal to drive after drinking any amount of alcoholic beverage. And for damn good reason. I will never, NEVER ever understand the ****** logic that makes people think it's ok to drinkdrive. I too have lost a friend due to some loser who decided to drive instead of take a taxi or bus home. It's the most idiotic thing I've ever heard in my life that so many of you think it's okay.

well here in AMERICA driving after one drink is LEGAL maybe that's why people think it's ok? just a thought

Well perhaps, like a lot of other laws in America, it's a bit retarded and should be changed? Perhaps compare the amount of drink drive accidents and death in the US to that of Norway and have another think about whether it's ok or not.