By toxic waste - 12/02/2013 04:18 - United States - Tonawanda

Today, I unknowingly bought a house next to a former toxic waste dump. I found out by reading an article in the paper where residents are claiming that they are experiencing cancer and birth defects. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 093
You deserved it 7 255

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Not to sound rude but you should've done research before buying

That's failure to disclose. You should see a lawyer about that. You might be able to get out of there without having to sell or lose a lot of money.

Comments

I second #29, who the hell would want to live in America out of all the places to live

This just reminds me of the McDonalds lawsuit of the woman suing for her crotch being burned by the coffee..

#33, Firstly, I don't see how this FML is in any way reminiscent of that lawsuit. Secondly, in the case of that particular woman, the coffee was actually quite a bit hotter than health and safety laws permitted, which is why she was able to sue.

redmnky21 8

if you went through a realtor they are required to disclose these type of things. if there's nothing in your contact about it, I'd contact a lawyer ASAP

Their Realtor is only responsible for disclosing what they know. If the Realtor didn't know either, it falls on the previous homeowner. Your Title Policy should cover non-disclosures if you have the right type of policy.

That's the kind of stuff you look into before you buy. As much as it sucks, YDI.

My momma alway said, " Life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."

No. Forrest Gump's momma always said that.

Maybe you'd like to try some half dead carp fishing.

perdix 29

#44, me, too. I was disappointed when I learned that Love Canal was a town and not a ******.

Am I the only one who accidentally read "horse" instead of "house"? I was so confused.

First, go watch Erin brakovich. Second, who cares just use bottled water.