By toxic waste - 12/02/2013 04:18 - United States - Tonawanda

Today, I unknowingly bought a house next to a former toxic waste dump. I found out by reading an article in the paper where residents are claiming that they are experiencing cancer and birth defects. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 093
You deserved it 7 255

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Not to sound rude but you should've done research before buying

That's failure to disclose. You should see a lawyer about that. You might be able to get out of there without having to sell or lose a lot of money.

Comments

It's probably all nonsense. Most of these claims are just statistical anomalies. Even the most famous, Erin Brokovich's case, was in fact just a shakedown of a large company, with no sound evidence of unusual disease levels.

Oh hey! I moderated this one.....I voted no. I didn't think cancer and birth defects were that funny. Oh well. OP should check with the laws to see if he/she can get out of this with little to no money loss. If anything I'd just abandon it and live at home or with friends.

That has to be disclosed to a buyer! You can get out of the contract! Sue the sellers & get out of there! Years ago, I lived on a World War II toxic dump site in an apt. & my health is crap as is my husbands and our kids!

No not FYL, go to the dump and jump in head first. Have you not watched the Toxic Avenger?

Giluh 19

Does your neighbor have a third eye? Don't drink the water!

SHAMUS_the_WITTY 18

Chernobyl wasn't a waste dump, it was a nuclear reactor exploding Learn Call of Duty 4 before posting.

This is why you research where you are going to live..

BrashlyHonest20 4
jem970 19

OP I would get out anyway possible. The paper mill a few towns over is getting sued out the ass for their workers getting cancer from the chemicals. Lord only knows what was dumped near your property. Get out now and sue whoever you bought the house from. They negelected to tell you something Important.