By TehUglyLife - 29/07/2013 19:11 - United States - Jacksonville Beach

Today, I tried to help a bird who had broken his wing. I walked straight into a door while looking down at him in my hands, and ended up all but breaking his other wing. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 902
You deserved it 14 165

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I could just see it now, "Today, a human tried to help me recover from a broken wing, but the idiot walked straight into a door with me still in its hands, breaking my other wing. FML"

Comments

Awh, that made me sad for the poor little bird :( It's not like you did it on purpose though, don't feel too bad..

redmnky21 8

by touching him you made it impossible for him to rejoin his flock anyways. mothers will abandon babies touched by humans because of the scent.

He didn't say it was a baby. For all we know it could be a full grown bird. Also, not all birds live in flocks.

Also, birds abandoning their babies after a human has touched it is a myth.

Yeah, it's complete BS. I once found a baby robin that had fallen out of its nest in a storm, and after having nursed it through the night I put it outside the next morning. It started to chirp and within five seconds, its mother found it. I must have touched that bird 1000 times in the process of caring for it.

hcollins1 18

We're just told that little fib by our parents so we don't catch any potential diseases that the bird may be carrying.

17 birds don't do that, only animals I know of that do are cats and dogs depending of the mother's personality.

Birds have no sense of smell, it's something our parents told us so we didnt bring any new lets home

I hope you just ended up killing it taking it out of its pain

You are joking, right? Broken wings are very common in birds, and they heal quickly and usually seamlessly. There is no need to kill this bird.

If only the world was so perfect. I once knew a parakeet with a wing that was either broken or had a tumor. The vet didn't even want to bother searching it out because she said there wasn't anything that could be done. She told me they usually don't do anything for smaller birds, but maybe she was just a bad vet..

Aww. At least you were trying to do a good deed when it happened though!? Poor little guy!

ILoveMyArm 15

This reminds me of a Windex commercial.

It would be ironic if OP had just cleaned the glass with Windex.

It would also be ironic if OP tried to help fix the broken wing but broke the other one by accident. Wait a second...

I'm just thankful you even attempted to help. Thank you for having a heart!

Poor little guy :/ I'm not sure there's any coming back from that... but I hope you tried taking him to a vet though it's probably better to put him out of his misery.

Hahaha hitting a door is probably how he broke his first wing too! As long as you fix him up no harm done I suppose!

perdix 29

Well, you did balance him out. A bird with one good wing just flies around in tight circles and that's just embarrassing.

Wizardo 33

Exactly, a bird that hops and walks in poorly judged oval shapes is much less socially awkward...

olpally 32

At least your heart was in the right place. That's just bad luck op.