By meteorbabe0101 - 14/04/2009 02:11 - United States

Today, I took the bus to work. A sweet old lady got on after and sat next to me. Halfway there, she fell asleep, her head on my shoulder. I gently tried to wake her up before my stop. She wasn't sleeping. I let a dead woman lie on me for 30 minutes. FML
I agree, your life sucks 799 630
You deserved it 65 790

Same thing different taste

Top comments

O holy. That must've been REALLY awkward. There's no way you would've known she was dead! You don't deserve that! FYL. =(

That is terrible...I hope for the best for that lady's family.

Comments

zymn 6

wow. how did you go about telling people that? did you just get up and yell "this ladies dead!"?

#57 et al: don't get so butthurt. what's funnier than someone's demise? honestly, it's not just a death that's funny. people are laughing at the situation, and rightfully so, because it's goddamn funny. lots of people die everyday, some of them are probably assholes, and you don't need to defend them all on the internet. it's a humourous situation so those of us who aren't brickwalled mentally can understand that. reminds me of when one of the writers of The Onion wore a shirt in NY after 9/11/01 saying "I can't believe I made it out alive," or something like that. tons of people get butthurt but yay for whoever can appreciate humor, even in problematic times...which is really what it's there for.

lhgurlz 5

64 you are the stupidest asshole ever. Someone dying isn't funny go jump off a ****** bridge and I will laugh at your demise.

cdatribe23 0

I agree with #64 lol it's life deal with it u can be sad about it or u can enjoy yourself:)

Um. Ok everyone being bitchy to #43, I'm not in the health care field at all and I can tell a dead person from a sleeping one. Especially in the upright position (sitting) ... it's a little hard to hold yourself up when you've checked out of your body. There's a huge difference between someone's entire weight leaning on you -- especially considering she probably would have been slumped over onto the OP -- and someone just sleeping.

you didn't feel her breathing? i mean...you'd think you'd feel her breath rise and fall. .....

how could you not have noticed she was dead?

Oh. My. Gosh. I'm so very sorry for you (and the sweet, old lady). I hope you're not scarred from the experience.

shortshan 0

This is one of my biggest fears. For one, I don't like death to begin with, and I'm always afraid that when I get older, my future husband will end up dying in bed with me laying next to him. Creepy! Poor you!

Jennifer83 0

OH MY GOD! That's kind of gross and sad and funny all at the same time!