By msleea - 06/05/2015 04:13 - United States - San Francisco

Today, I told my husband I felt unfulfilled and unhappy in my life. He suggested I do more chores. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 512
You deserved it 3 842

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Oh yes, whenever I'm feeling down, washing dishes and vacuuming always puts a big smile on my face! What great advice!

That sucks, but if you are feeling seriously unhappy then you should seek legitimate advice. Good luck in fulfilling yourself and being happy!

Comments

well you know what Dori the fish says "Just keep cleaning, just keep cleaning, cleaning, cleaning, cleaning"

Don't forget to whistle while you work

I kind of get what he is saying. I understand that it depends on the situation (whether he does house work too or if she does all of it. I, for one, am the male and I do house work, our car work, cook, ect. The same as my significant other). But if you do something that gives instant gratification such as yard work (or something else that shows instant improvement) that can feel accomplishing and provide positive reinforcement :)

Reevaluate your marriage first of all. Sounds like you have a real winner. Find a creative outlet you enjoy (anything from painting to singing to scrapbooking), and find a cause you are passionate about and volunteer for them. Not much else boosts the self esteem like feeling like you're making a difference.

Goblin182 26

Did he suffer much brain damawhen you hit him upsdie the head with the frying pan?

Reminds me of my dad, any time my brother or I had an issue he would tell us that it can be solved by cleaning his house.

if he is the bread winner and you don't work, it could actually be good advice. people need a purpose in life, and if he is busting his ass at work every day, you should do the same at home.

Nowadays most people don't have a system where one person goes to work, and one stays at home. To assume that's their situation is ridiculous; by the strong logic of probability, it's probably not.

42, do you know what year it is? In most households, both spouses work.

And being home does not mean sitting around eating chocolate, either. There is a lot to do in order to maintain a household! Not earning money for this does not mean it is any less important than commuting to a job.

There are these things called ****** that will help you with fulfillment. There are also these things called kittens. They will help you with happiness.

sunshine_cc 3

I guess you shouldn't have married an insensitive jerk.

squarecircles 13

Take off on vacation without him for a while. Then see how he likes it.