By fritzile - 10/01/2016 23:53 - United States - Chandler

Today, I told a customer the bread he wanted has been discontinued. He replied with, "Are you serious? What is your name? I'm going up front to complain about you." I still don't understand how that's specifically my fault. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 145
You deserved it 1 333

Same thing different taste

Top comments

KhaleesiDannie 26

Because you've been stalking the customer and got the job there specifically to get their favorite bread discontinued you evil criminal master mind you*sarcasm font*

In the customers eyes, you're always the one at fault(You control everything obviously). You just gotta ignore them honestly, hopefully the complaint wont be taken seriously. I've met dozens of these intelligent human beings myself.

Comments

In the customers eyes, you're always the one at fault(You control everything obviously). You just gotta ignore them honestly, hopefully the complaint wont be taken seriously. I've met dozens of these intelligent human beings myself.

Being the first point of contact definitely exposes you to these geniuses. I had someone curse my entire family just because the bank I worked for "unjustly" charged him a late fee for missing his credit card payment by 2 whole months. In time, you'll learn to laugh about it.

iAmPaul 49

I've had a woman argue with me and wonder if I was on my period (I'm a guy) when I wouldn't budge on a strict store policy involving a sale we had going on. Some people are just cruel like that, unfortunately.

Redgy22 26

Just like its MY fault asshats don't pay their utility bills & there service is stopped. Always shoot the messenger!!

KhaleesiDannie 26

Because you've been stalking the customer and got the job there specifically to get their favorite bread discontinued you evil criminal master mind you*sarcasm font*

You know, if you hadn't put that sarcasm font at the end, I'm almost positive someone would've thought you were being serious.

I really liked 2's comment. But I hate the *sarcasm font* thing people do because I just feel it takes away from the subtlety and wit of sarcasm. It may be just me though. Granted, I know not every one understands sarcasm through text.

Malsain_fml 10

#9 I agree with you! Thing is, sarcasm is hard to get for some people, even IRL. So, on the comment section, for some of them it's impossible. But you are right, the art of sarcasm is putting it in like it was not, for the other person to have to grab it itself.

KhaleesiDannie 26

7 You're right I've tried not adding it and a lot of people don't get it and 16 I wish if I had Marilyn Manson money I'd be on FML a lot less haha

snarkytruth 37

#14 The "art" of sarcasm is in the delivery (and the crafting of a clever ironic comment). 1) The number one reason people don't get sarcasm is because kids use the word but don't really know what it means. Readers don't get it because there was no sarcasm. Misused by the people that don't understand the word irony. 2) People say something stupid or tell a lie and when called on it claim they were being sarcastic to try to save face. Sarcasm doesn't equal the words "just kidding". They aren't fooling anyone it's always obvious it's a lie. 3) Talking with a shitty attitude doesn't make it sarcasm or sarcastic. 4) Simply making up dumb outlandish stories doesn't qualify as sarcasm. 5) Exaggerating isn't sarcasm. 6) Saying something you don't really mean isn't sarcasm. Too many people esp immature kids try to use it as an excuse to cover their ignorance. Every joke that falls flat isn't sarcasm either. Sometimes even the best crafted sarcastic comment you just have to hear it in a persons voice to clue you in. Or it's wonderfully subtle and you can't be sure then it's all in the eyes.

So that customer has never heard the term 'don't shoot the messenger' apparently.

It's amazing how unreasonable a lot of customers can be. Cashiers/employees can be seen as a face to a business so it sucks that they have to take all the shit.

Malsain_fml 10

He is right. It IS your fault. I guess.

How? I'd love to know how this could possibly be Op's fault

I believe he's trying to use sarcasm. His execution went horribly wrong.

Malsain_fml 10

Ahahaha totally! The "I guess" makes it obvious to me! But irony is not such a widely spread notion it seems...

I hate it when this happens! people dont understand that we just want to make some money and we simply do what we're being told to.

Like the time a costumer theatened to sue me cuz it wasn't sunny on THE canarian Islands xD