By dannidoll93 - 15/06/2016 11:56 - United Kingdom - Redhill

Today, five minutes into a first date with a woman I really wanted to impress, we got on to a very busy train. I was so concerned with making sure that my backpack didn't get caught in the closing doors that I forgot to worry about my head. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 863
You deserved it 1 930

dannidoll93 tells us more.

dannidoll93 24

Hi everyone-OP here. In answer to some of the questions: - My backpack is silver and pretty small. I use it instead of a handbag because I'm prone to losing bags that aren't strapped to me through putting them down and leaving them places. - The date was pretty standard- drinks and a meal at a cool bar. Nothing crazy in the backpack! - The doors are curved on the tubes here. In addition, we were literally packed in so close that I could have had full intercourse with like 5 strangers where I was standing. I thought I was clear of the door but apparently not. I laughed it off and she was very sympathetic. My head feels okay now but I did have a bit of a headache for a while! - Other than that, we had a fun date but we didn't really click and we've agreed to just be friends. Thanks for all the comments!

Top comments

Yeah, this is a problem I too have faced while crawling backwards everywhere. Eventually, I moved on to crab walking, but it wasn't the easiest few years.

Personally, I find a sharp knife and bone-cutter to be the easiest way to someone's heart.

Comments

Comedy is the best way to a woman's heart. And if that means letting her laugh at you getting your head stuck, then hey, I hope you got laid at least

Personally, I find a sharp knife and bone-cutter to be the easiest way to someone's heart.

I too agree with you. Making somebody laugh will only open their mouth and unless you've got long slender arms then your not reaching down their throat to get their heart, but one more thing on that list is a scalpel and any object effective in subduing your target as they may try to fight back, causing you problems

How do you forget your head is there? Hope your date found humor in the situation! You know, as opposed to her thinking you were straight up an idiot.

Yeah, this is a problem I too have faced while crawling backwards everywhere. Eventually, I moved on to crab walking, but it wasn't the easiest few years.

This is the funniest thing I've ever read in the comments, holy shit.

Hey if she laughed maybe something good will come out of your funny situation.

Next time you want to impress a girl I suggest travel by limo instead go train :)

Le_ponderer 14

Don't knock the possibility of a happy ending yet! Your little mishap could bring out her nurturing instincts. Also, it will reinforce the fact that you are just as human as she is and quell those first date jitters. No pressure. You'll probably laugh about it (when the headache stops).

Next time, use the boost to get through. And try a somersault.

Why did you have a backpack on a date to begin with?

They could have had stuff for a picnic or they were going star gazing and packed a blanket, etc. A few different possibilities for taking one on a date

Usually living beings are acutely aware of things around their head, even when not paying attention....

Why did you bring a backpack on a date? where were you going that you needed it?