By fritzile - 10/01/2016 23:53 - United States - Chandler

Today, I told a customer the bread he wanted has been discontinued. He replied with, "Are you serious? What is your name? I'm going up front to complain about you." I still don't understand how that's specifically my fault. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 145
You deserved it 1 333

Same thing different taste

Top comments

KhaleesiDannie 26

Because you've been stalking the customer and got the job there specifically to get their favorite bread discontinued you evil criminal master mind you*sarcasm font*

In the customers eyes, you're always the one at fault(You control everything obviously). You just gotta ignore them honestly, hopefully the complaint wont be taken seriously. I've met dozens of these intelligent human beings myself.

Comments

Bah... Classic one. It's clearly described within the first pages of the Annoyer's Guide to Wasting Other People's Time (When You Have Plenty Yourself), the AGWOPT...

At least they didn't threaten to kill you.

I've worked as cashier and honestly **** that. I got so fed up with being blamed for everything, (like them not being able to see all the balloons on the huge balloon wall) I just said "listen lady, I just take your money, I don't even know who it goes to I just know I don't make any decisions" but to take away ones bread? how dare you. sick mf.

Yep it's your fault you make all the decisions to do with the business. What a complete tool. Don't worry op

I don't understand how people can be such heartless bastards. I've been in your shoes before, OP, people suck.

Jachin357 28

I think if I worked in retail I would be fired within the first week. I would not be able to hold myself back from making fun of the stupid customers..

It's Arizona. It's probably the heatstroke getting to him. Also retail.