By squeak - 12/09/2011 13:52 - United Kingdom

Today, I thought my hamster might be lonely, so I went to the pet shop and bought a new one to keep him company. The new hamster killed the old one. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 124
You deserved it 13 983

Same thing different taste

Top comments

One time I brought a new girl home to keep the old one company. She didn't like it so much either :/

It's uncommon knowledge that hamsters are territorial.

Comments

i hat two hamsters one at the others on face of in its sleep them choked on it needless to say child hood ruined.

FMLs like this really make me upset. The OP (and some commentators) obviously did no research on getting a hamster. If any research was done, it would quickly be discovered that most species of hamsters are exceptionally territorial and WILL kill each other. Even those species which can be compatible are only so because of certain precautions which must be taken. If you were getting a dog, you'd be a dumbass not to do any research on the breed. What's different about a hamster? Small as they may be, they're still living, and they deserve some respect for their lives. For owners not to research or understand an animal and for that animal to die as a result is horrible.

The student may kill the teacher, when his teachings are completed...

is there any other important thing about hamsters you dont know? like he is a day-sleeper? come on, how old are you? even if youre not into reading...just ask tho employee next time...i have my fourth hamster now and i still look small things up in my book or online. if you are not interessted in your animal- dont get one.

Xx2cool4uXx 2

That happened to me. The new one ripped the old one's head off....it was very disturbing

You totally deserve that. Everyone who owns one knows that hamsters are solitary.