By rejected - 02/10/2014 08:56 - United Kingdom - Harlow

Today, I thought I was finally over my anxiety problem, and confidently went to my first ever job interview. Halfway through, the manager tells me that if I didn't stop being so nervous, he couldn't give me the job. I cried. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 396
You deserved it 5 036

Same thing different taste

Top comments

jazmin3012 28

Aww OP! Don't feel bad for something that's out of your control!

Pretty unfair from his behalf. Hopefully it all works out though

Comments

I used to be nervous for job interviews too but after a couple it gets better. You also should realize that the person in front of you is possibly as nervous or awkward as you. Usually it's a manager who has little to no experience themselves with interviews. Also, I stopped dressing overly nice for interviews. Just wear something you like. You'll be at ease more.

Don't worry OP I cried in an interview once and after I explained why and I got the job. Just tell them and I'm sure it will work out.

Maybe you should get some medicine. You don't just get over anxiety. I have it too. You can kind of come to terms with it but in my opinion it never fully goes away. Just think of interviews as talking to an old friend. Good luck sweetie.

aleahlioness 15

Recovery from any issue like that is a long, difficult process, but it's absolutely worth it. Don't give up!

quarterbird 18

I'm sorry that you had that experience, OP. As someone who has anxiety/PTSD, I want you to know that you're not alone in this world. That manager was a dick. Don't lose hope.

Anxiety is a long term issue to overcome...but good job going out and trying...just hope you got the job and if not you'll get one soon

For me it seems to have gotten better with experience interviewing. also try getting some interviews for jobs you might not necessarily want just to practice interviewing with less pressure to do well and impress people.

Awh bless you'll find something that's just right for you

What a jerk for putting so much pressure on you