By User - 23/09/2013 17:53 - United States - Romulus

Today, I texted my girlfriend a long heartfelt loving message for our 2-year anniversary. Her reply was just "K." FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 965
You deserved it 6 687

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Next time she tells you that she loves you, just respond with k. See how she likes it.

Why even text? Maybe she was expecting something a bit more personal.

Comments

I think it may be time to reevaluate your relationship:P

I hate that shit. Time to dump the bitch.

Well, I personally wouldn't be really touched either, if my boyfriend sent me a text instead of calling or writing a letter or telling me in person, when it comes to such an anniversary.

Aussieinusa 5

People still write letters? I don't think I could wait 3-5 business days for them to read it. Plus, what if they didn't think I was worth the postage to send a reply? ;-)

You're the one who texted her in the first place, how can you expect it to be a heartfelt message with a heartfelt reply through aimless texts?

YDI for texting it instead of calling her or telling her in person.

Move on, she probably doesn't care if she responds with "K" she must be an asshole anyway

I'm surprised at the vitriol that OP is receiving. It's entirely possible they had plans to meet up later/go to dinner, etc, and he merely texted her so she'd know he was thinking of her until later? Personally I prefer texts because if I'm busy I don't feel guilty for ignoring the phone when it rings, and then I can respond when I have a chance. However, if the text was the extent of his two year anniversary display of affection, and he should know by now if she likes 'grand' gestures, then he deserves it.

And this is why you do not text those types of things.