By Lovelysister - 21/10/2009 23:21 - United States

Today, I texted my brother saying, "Always remember I love you! Never forget it!" to which he replied, "You better not be doing drugs." FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 017
You deserved it 9 755

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That doesn't sound like something somebody high would say, it sounds like something somebody about to jump off of something high would say.

Darling_Cherry 5

I can see why he would text that back to you. If my sister randomly texted me that I would think one of two things: she's high as a kite or she's about to off herself. You don't just randomly text someone like that. You have to warm up to it like have had a really great night out with the person...something that would make you reflect upon how much you care for a sibling, etc.

Comments

Well, if I sent my brother a random text message of that ilk I think he'd say that too. YDI for acting like a desperate girlfriend.

caticaticati 3

Why is everyone acting like that's such a weird thing to do and saying you have to lead up to it? Some people just want to be nice and remind their friends and family that they are loved... I send stuff like fairly often, always to a different person, and I never get responses like this.

caticaticati 3

I'm never even high! Never ever!

That doesn't sound like something somebody high would say, it sounds like something somebody about to jump off of something high would say.

Torise 0

YDI for being stupid. No sibling wants to hear this from another sibling.

lmfao your brother is funny, that something my brother would do even if i did remind him all the time that i loved him

testing_fml 0

I would either think you were high or about to kill yourself. But how is this an FML?

That's not that bad, child. My brother has asked me the same thing when I get the occasional impulse to call or text to tell him I love him(we're literally an ocean and half a continent apart). Except that question was also accompanied by, "If you are doing drugs, I will book the next flight to Hawai'i and break your legs and teeth. Oh. Love you, too, girl." It's so sweet of him.

*hits the so what button* He's your sibling, they're like that. Don't take it so personally, there's no point.

That's the kind of message one would expect to receive from someone who's drunk or about to kill themselves. The only exception is if the sender usually sends that kind of message.

that's a strange message to send. I find it very hard to say "I love you" to anyone even in writing! hell, I've never told any of my parents I love you, and I'm 18. and I get uncomfortable when my dad tells me I love you. the only time I said I love you to anyone was my big brother when he left for the military. other than that, if I say I love you to someone freely, I'm probabaly high on alcohol...