By :/ - 12/03/2016 11:36 - Australia - North Lakes

Today, I talked to my high school sweetheart after 12 years. He confessed that he's been single ever since we broke up, never got over me, and that to this day he loves me dearly. I'm a married mother of two. FML
I agree, your life sucks 21 955
You deserved it 2 592

Same thing different taste

Top comments

12 years? He has issues. You probably dodged a bullet because I can see him getting very clingy very fast if you two were still together.

Run... The answer to every awkward situation... Just run really Fast

Comments

Maybe he's just in a bad place right now that has made him look back at the last 12 years as him coping without you. Some people like to cling to the past for reasons why things are currently shitty instead of facing up to the present! Either way it isn't your responsibility.

gemstone586 12

Am I the only one who thinks this sounds just like Nicholas Sparks' The Best of Me?

KayleeFrye 39

Why is this an FML for you? It's more like an FML for him. It's one thing to feel badly for your ex, but how will this effect your life?

Wow! He is still in his high school dreams:)

He is lying!! He just want to get in your pants again

It is a little strange he didn't try once in those 12 years to contact you, unless you contacted him first this time. But if he did honestly love you all that time you should tell him he should move on as he deserves to find love!

I foresee a Dear Abby letter in his future. and possibly a restraining order. be careful

shadeslayer99 13

He's a super creep. SUPER CREEP. Creepy creepay. (To "Super Freak")

ACCOUNTKILLER 18

Sounds like infatuation, not love. Sorry you had to hear that OP- that's super awkward but don't feel guilty about it. If he has refused to move on with his life, that's his problem- you don't have control over what others decide to do with their lives and it's not a problem you intentionally created or caused.