By crazymuch - 01/02/2009 18:08 - Canada

Today, I talked to my boss about the fact that I have been diagnosed as bipolar and I am having a really hard time with it. He told me to look on the bright side, now that I'm crazy I will never have to do Jury Duty. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 110
You deserved it 4 078

Same thing different taste

Top comments

um, and ADD is still a real disorder. even if its overdiagnosed, those of us who actually have it and have to deal have a hard enough time without the six million people who say "oh, theres no way you actually have ADD" or "ADD isn't real" or whatever. also, you really can't diagnose a stranger over the internet, as disappointing as that may be for you.

pepper005 0

Maybe he was just kidding around. I have similar diagnoses and when I open up to people about it occasional, sometimes they make a joke about it. That usually means they're just uncomfortable about the subject. Don't take it personally.

Comments

bull shut Im bipolar and had to survie jury duty. I struggled with bipolar for almost 8 years it gets better. I was anger at my dad for personal reasons and it made me viloent but. after I forgave him the anger melted away. I'm a write so I pour my emotions into my work. it helps.

I AM THE BEST RYAN EVER!! DON'T EVEN TRY TO MEASURE UP.

The_Big_Mac 7

he is and that is a good response from him.

The_Big_Mac 7

if 97 is your birthday then no, you area retard either way. but yes it does seem like he's got a good sense of humor. got to be able to laugh about stuff.

The_Big_Mac 7

that's supposed to say you are a retard. sorry for the typo.

that sounds good. how is a FML?? your boss is funny and trying to cheer you up

KY_Jelly 10

Yes, it's true. If you have a moderate or severe mental illness, such as Bipolar Disorder, that could affect your judgement as a juror, they don't want you in the jury. I am bipolar, and haven't had to serve on a jury for years. It really is a reward for having to suffer my highs and lows. But, the laws may be different in some places, but mostly, you don't have jury duty with bipolar disorder.

cbroxs17 0

You should check out the musical "next to normal" it's about a family with a mother who has bipolar disorder

NekoHakase 0

Are you depressed that you are bipolar or that you have been diagnosed as such? Sometimes it's just better not knowing.