By crazymuch - 01/02/2009 18:08 - Canada

Today, I talked to my boss about the fact that I have been diagnosed as bipolar and I am having a really hard time with it. He told me to look on the bright side, now that I'm crazy I will never have to do Jury Duty. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 108
You deserved it 4 077

Same thing different taste

Top comments

um, and ADD is still a real disorder. even if its overdiagnosed, those of us who actually have it and have to deal have a hard enough time without the six million people who say "oh, theres no way you actually have ADD" or "ADD isn't real" or whatever. also, you really can't diagnose a stranger over the internet, as disappointing as that may be for you.

pepper005 0

Maybe he was just kidding around. I have similar diagnoses and when I open up to people about it occasional, sometimes they make a joke about it. That usually means they're just uncomfortable about the subject. Don't take it personally.

Comments

I have a few mental diagnoses(sp? English isn't my first language) myself, and I am all for being open about it and making it less of a taboo, but if we do, we also have to be able to take the jokes that go with it.

sounds like something id say LOL. awesome boss!

this_lette_07 0

kudos #9! some people are so insensitive and complain about things when i'm 100% sure they're out there doing the same exact thing. depression is nothing to f*ck around with. im not bipolar but i suffered a mild case of depression throughout highschool and God, i wasnt even that bad and i felt like dying. its uncontrollable at some levels and the worst thing you can do for a person dealing with it is to put them down more.

takemeaway10 0

I think you should've had a bipolar fit, then tell him you wre just joking. Then, if your boss fired you, you could sue for discrimination.

Accept it it'll hurt and the there will be relieve, one of the best things you can do is to accept yet not accept, accept the fact that you have it and be self honest but do not let it control your life and do everything possible to treat it and keep it from geeting in the way of your life, accepting it will also help any feelings of desperation that you may or may not have

etherealjoy 0

as a person with a borderline personality disorder - very similar to bipolar - i can feel your pain. people are so ******* insensitive and they have no idea what its like!

aww, dude, thats terrible, i have bipolar, and i dont think i have a problem, but thats just mean

Legz 0

You really shouldn't have been offended. He was trying to cheer you up. Jury duty sucks. Be glad you'll never have to do it. :P Oh and before you pricks with no sense of humor jump on my case, I also have borderline personality disorder and used to think i had bi-polar so **** off! You're the ones with the problem! You can't take a ******* joke!

hahaha cmon now, your boss has a sense of humor, dont be so serious. Oh, word of advice: When you inevitably have a "bad mood" moment and lash out at some poor soul, just apologize and explain as soon as possible... makes life a lot easier for you and those you know.

dragonstrike94 8

Bipolar is depression and mania not anger