By klynn267 - 09/05/2012 11:03 - United States - Portland

Today, I switched cell phone service providers, hoping to upgrade. After working out the details and picking a phone in the store, I got home to find my brand new cell can't get a signal in my house. I already signed the two year contract. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 499
You deserved it 6 093

Same thing different taste

Top comments

There's a 30 day trial period. You deserved this for not reading your contract! Return the phone and switch providers

pm_sky 0

call your service provider and ask them how to update your phone so you can hit more towers and get a stronger signal.

Comments

PInK_ExCiTeD 7

Don't worry sometimes my phone does the same thing -.- is frustrating but good luck with yours

Oceansnipe17 8

Just simply stop ur direct debits and say "No service.. No pay"

You do know you have a month to give it back and not pay a thing. Atleast that's how it is for most providers.

Go to RadioShack they have a website that cross checks all the availability in your area, you pick what's gonna work best for your budget. ( I do know not all stores have a great crew find a store that works best for you i.e. best buy, Walmart. Whatever) and if it's within the first two weeks you can get out of the deal.

goddamniluvme 0

U have 30 days to back out! I used to work a for cell phone company, trust me it's not iron clad!

conniejoy529 10

Checking a coverage map will not show you what the service will be like in the home itself. Most companies do have a buyer's remorse period where you can return the device and get your money back for it. You can also cancel the contract with out penalties with in that time frame. Some companies though, will still bill you for an activation fee and the time you had the phone. So if you are going to cancel service do it as quickly as possible. I know Buyers remorse with T-mobile is 14 days, AT&T is 30 days. I work in customer service for a cell phone company and you would not believe how many people will buy a phone with a contract then 5 months later decide that they don't have good enough service in their home. You have a buyer's remorse period for a reason. Use it. Once it is over you are out of luck.

lowie89 7

I'm on the fence with this one.. Ya it sucks you just got a new phone and provider and you don't get service but it's your fault for not doing your research on where that company had coverage..