By Orchard - 16/07/2013 17:25 - United States - Seminole

Today, I suddenly started having excruciating pain. My husband took me to the ER, where I waited for three hours in agony to be seen. By the time a doctor got to me, the pain had mostly gone, but it was found to be a kidney stone. I was told, "Next time, don't wait so long." Really? FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 709
You deserved it 3 041

Orchard tells us more.

Hi, this is the OP. I told them in triage with tears streaming down my face that I thought it was a kidney stone. I was in so much pain I could barely fill out the forms. There were only a couple of possibilities as to the source of pain to begin with since the pain was all down my left flank and upper left quadrant. I have medical training so I wasn't too shocked to find out it was a kidney stone. What was shocking was they thought I was faking to get a drug fix, put me on the back burner, then acted like it was somehow my fault for not being seen sooner so they could help manage the pain.

Top comments

That's when you start screaming in agony so loud until they're forced to see you. Honestly if the pain was seriously that bad that's exactly what I would do. I hate how the ER treats people with real emergencies. I'd make them suffer with me.

This is why emergency rooms shouldn't keep people waiting for hours.. IT'S A ******* EMERCENCY Hypocrites

Comments

I think he meant about going to the hospital, not waiting in the lobby.

catwoman64_fml 2

My daughter waited 8 hours in pain to be rushed to another hospital to have her gallbladder out she was 13 at the time

l_ 19

Oh man, I know this feel. I once had to go to the ER for a severe asthma attack, it took an hour and a half of waiting before anyone saw me. I'm pretty sure I'd have been waiting even longer had I not passed out from oxygen deprivation. Though watching my mom cuss out the staff afterwards was quite the treat! Anyway, FYL and I'm glad that you're alright.

Sandman1917 5

Kidney stones are horrible. I have had six of them some requiring surgical removal. The pain can be very intense and you just want someone to put a bullet in your head because it hurts so bad. Once you have them you are usually prone to them. The minute you have any pain or discomfort next time immediately start chugging water till you can't anymore and take three Advil to reduce the swelling. That large flush of water usually help to move the stone along alleviating the pain. I know from experience. The last time I did all that and the. Went to the ER by the time I got into the parking lot the pain subsided and I went back home.

Well, the two times i have had kidney stones and go to the ER, they have taking me fairly quickly; but that could also be because there wasnt many people and the constant uncontrollable random puking. Sorry for you OP. They do take forever to give you something for the pain though...

You wouldn't know until it hit you...guess a check up and a reading of what can cause them will be a good idea...

Iniezian 18

True story. When my grandparents and dad were living in NYC, my grandma had to go to the hospital, and while she and my dad were waiting, they saw someone sitting in the waiting room with a broken nose, who was literally dripping blood, and apparently it wasn't urgent enough, so they were kept waiting.

br00kr 22

I had a problem that was near my appendix. It turned out to be nothing which I didn't believe but still. Then my mom gave me crap when i got home at midnight because I was "Faking". I couldn't even move without excruciating pain.

Proudette 0

You're seriously complaining about waiting for 3 hours for something that's not immediately life threatening? All those people having heart attacks and MVC's should probably just be told to wait their turn cause you were there first, right?

no. shes complaining that her doctor was an arse.