By Anonymous - 15/05/2010 19:41 - United States

Today, I stopped at a yellow light. The guy behind me did not. He had no insurance. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 669
You deserved it 6 934

Same thing different taste

Top comments

The_good_times 0

so what's the problem? he's the one that's in deep shit, at least in my country you can go to jail for that, so you can ask him for cash, a lot of it.

Comments

That's exactly the reason insurance companies have uninsured/underinsured coverage. Now you know (and knowing is half the battle)

ur not supposed to stop at the yellow light, OP.

Everyone who is saying YDI, GO BACK TO FIRST DAY OF DRIVERS EDUCATION. Green = Proceed if safe Yellow = Stop if safe to do so Red = Stop Notice yellow does not equal "Floor the accelerator in the hope you dont have to wait at a light"? Even if he stopped at a GREEN, the driver behind doesnt have the right to run into him, as it is their responsibility to drive a safe distance behind, and remain focused upon the task at hand. I drive for a living and I see this attitude all day long, "Oh, its yellow, ill just rip right through".... NO. THIS IS NOT RIGHT.

morgan020 0

finally someone actually shows they know what the lights mean

FyourLIFEdotCOM8 0

that's not an fml. he hit you from behind so his fault and he's twice screwed for no insurance so call the police and have his ass taken to jail.

special_Tay 0

wow magna your really intelligent. it's really too bad no one cares what you have to say. sarcasm is annoying, very annoying.

hanr815 3

hey 47, not ONE of these comments say "HEY OP, YELLOW MEANS FLOOR IT"

No, Instead most seem to think it means its okay to blissfully blow right on through anyways.

hanr815 3

i hate when people fight to get thru a yellow light as much as the next person, its rude, dangerous, and stupid. but if the light has basically just turned yellow, yeah people are gonna go thru it. it stays yellow for bit. i dont know if you've realized this in your lifetime of driving.

Just because people do it, that doesn't make it right. If you are able to stop at a yellow light, you do so. Period. The OP did what you're supposed to do, and the person that rear-ended them is in the wrong. Lights or not, the rear-ender should have been driving slower and/or not following so close behind. Everyone saying the OP deserves it for stopping at a yellow light are douchebags.

Of course if it just turned, it would be unsafe to slam on your brakes to stop. The whole stop for the yellow is if you can make a safe, controlled stop. Duh.

The only one who deserved it is the guy behind OP. Yellow means the light is about to turn RED which means STOP. Yellow doesn't indicate that you keep driving your regular speed/speed up to avoid the red light. That's why you slow down. The genius behind OP could clearly see the brake lights which tells you to put on your own. If you see the light is yellow and the person in front of you is slowing down, and not maintaining/increasing speed, that means SLOW THE **** DOWN.

fishboy123 7

#35 you look good and op ur insurance will prob go up but the guy that hit u is gonna get tickets for driving without insurance.