By VetStudent - 04/09/2013 07:30 - United States - Denver

Today, I started my new internship at a vet clinic. By the end of the day I had: been peed on, scratched, forced to stuff a dead dog into a plastic bag, thrown up and almost passed out. I need to rethink my future career. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 907
You deserved it 9 075

VetStudent tells us more.

Ha! I can't believe this actually got posted!! I had just gotten home from my internship and wanted to vent anonymously. How funny. It is overwhelming, but I'm going to stick it out. I've learned my lesson: do not go in sick or with a full stomach.

Top comments

WompWompWomp123 7

Well what did you expect to happen when working with animals?

flashback_fml 14

Wait till you have to jerk off a dog

Comments

I'm so glad I changed my mind about working at a vet clinic while I'm still in college. At least you know now rather than after it's too late, I hope?

That sort of thing happens there. Try doggie hotel instead lol

CaityRose86 1

Where you that dumb to think your job would be hugging and snuggling cute animals all day? People take their SICK and DYING animals to vets idiot

That's why, in career assessment - like for people in need of a job - they make a difference between what you want to do, and what you want to do knowing the negative aspects as well. Make an informed decision.

Canchan 12

You really do . I've been a registered vet tech for almost a year and you haven't seen the worst of the profession .

I know exactly how you feel, I went to school for veterinarian technology and quit after my internship. I never really thought about administering injections, and seeing animals die. I just love animals and so I wanted to pick a career where I could always be around them. Unfortunately for us, we got to see what really happens behind clinic doors. I really do give credit to Vet. technologists for doing what they do, but I couldn't Bare to see a animal be put down :( sorry op! Good luck, with whatever your going to do next :)

Please do. People who really care about sick animals usually consider something like this as a necessary part of the job, not a FML.

RedPillSucks 31

next, try to become a gynecologist. I hear there's a lot of pussy involved.

OP, to desensitize yourself, get a job at the worst clinic you can find. You could also try a different specialty like agricultural (farm) veterinary or a related field like selling vet equipment. Look up "Veterinary specialties" in Wikipedia for some ideas.