By VetStudent - 04/09/2013 07:30 - United States - Denver

Today, I started my new internship at a vet clinic. By the end of the day I had: been peed on, scratched, forced to stuff a dead dog into a plastic bag, thrown up and almost passed out. I need to rethink my future career. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 907
You deserved it 9 075

VetStudent tells us more.

Ha! I can't believe this actually got posted!! I had just gotten home from my internship and wanted to vent anonymously. How funny. It is overwhelming, but I'm going to stick it out. I've learned my lesson: do not go in sick or with a full stomach.

Top comments

WompWompWomp123 7

Well what did you expect to happen when working with animals?

flashback_fml 14

Wait till you have to jerk off a dog

Comments

I'm still studying Veterinary Medicine and I'm already having regrets so I feel for you OP.

Believe it or not if you want to stay with that job you'll have to get used to it...rethink if you want but it takes time to adjust...same with me when I interned at a café...

jw90 18

Hey it's not for everyone OP. I've changed my major twice because the first couple choices just didn't keep my interest. Find something you like to do and stick with it. You'll get there eventually :)

amy6703 6

You should avoid having kids if you can't handle those things.

matticus27 14

Ya you probably should rethink. I work at a vet as a kennel assistant and that stuff happens every day. I had to carry an 82 pound German shepherd mix from this lady's car. She was bawling. So you should probably get used to it. That's my friendly advice lol

YDI OP, sorry! Those are hazards of working with sick, stressed out animals. I hope you decide that the good outweighs the bad.

Did you think you'd be petting kittens all day? They may be pets, but they're still animals.

Give it a couple of months. They give the unpleasant jobs to the lowest ranks- you. You will become more used to the unpleasant side and learn about what it's really like to work with animals. If you stick it out then you can know if its a good field for you, and if it's really not for you you will know that you gave it an honest try.