By VetStudent - 04/09/2013 07:30 - United States - Denver

Today, I started my new internship at a vet clinic. By the end of the day I had: been peed on, scratched, forced to stuff a dead dog into a plastic bag, thrown up and almost passed out. I need to rethink my future career. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 907
You deserved it 9 075

VetStudent tells us more.

Ha! I can't believe this actually got posted!! I had just gotten home from my internship and wanted to vent anonymously. How funny. It is overwhelming, but I'm going to stick it out. I've learned my lesson: do not go in sick or with a full stomach.

Top comments

WompWompWomp123 7

Well what did you expect to happen when working with animals?

flashback_fml 14

Wait till you have to jerk off a dog

Comments

KellyPeterson92 10

I did a vet tech internship this summer, and there are good days and bad days. You become accustomed to grossness after a while, and in the end I still loved the animals and love the spontaneity of it. One bad day shouldn't shift your career path, unless you're grossed out too easily. Chin up OP! :)

petlover7598 7

If you are truely doing an internship and not just shadowing, you deserve it. If you are an intern you are graduated or close. Shame on you for wasting your life and time in school and not realizing what you are getting into. And you must be pretty stupid to get that far along and not know that there will be piss, poop, vomit, blood, guts, and death.

In my experience that sounds like a pretty average day at a veterinary clinic.

Well, what did you expect? I'm a 1st year student at my college, and they clearly outlined what is to be expected of the grosser parts of working in a veterinary field.

Uhh... It's an internship, that doesn't even mean he's getting paid necessarily, this could just be for a resume or job experience! People need to calm down....

I am glad to read the author's comment to his own post.

fukre 3

Thats the part of your job. They are animals and you have to remember that. They also have death and you should respectfully put the body in plastic.

Lmao I've had that job its hard to set aside feelings but you will get used to it

sugarbear0727 19

It's like being a mother, minus the whole dead dog thing. I've been peed and pooped on more times than I can count. And my son just loves to scratch the hell out of me. My face, neck, boobs. He's two months old, so he doesn't know what he's doing, he's just grabbing and that unfortunately leads to scratching. Just stick with it, it isn't always so bad.

If you can't handle animals please do not try humans.