By VetStudent - 04/09/2013 07:30 - United States - Denver

Today, I started my new internship at a vet clinic. By the end of the day I had: been peed on, scratched, forced to stuff a dead dog into a plastic bag, thrown up and almost passed out. I need to rethink my future career. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 907
You deserved it 9 075

VetStudent tells us more.

Ha! I can't believe this actually got posted!! I had just gotten home from my internship and wanted to vent anonymously. How funny. It is overwhelming, but I'm going to stick it out. I've learned my lesson: do not go in sick or with a full stomach.

Top comments

WompWompWomp123 7

Well what did you expect to happen when working with animals?

flashback_fml 14

Wait till you have to jerk off a dog

Comments

I've been a vet tech for a couple years now, and I've seen enough people come and go to know that it's definitely not a good job for just anyone. Those things happen almost daily. If you only want to deal with the "happy" parts, I suggest working in a boarding kennel or at a doggy day care facility.

Just think tomorrow, you get to put Fluffy down!

at least you don't have to put bodies in the oven like my clinic then retrieve the ashes

circlelranch69 1

What did you think you would be doing? What do you think a vet does? Im a farmer and I have had to pay dumb people like yourself.

Ugh. Being forced to reevaluate your major life choices because they are not working out is such a huge stressful pain. Good luck, OP!

Animals are not cute and fuzzy. It's adorable how often this happens to people who think they want to be a veterinarian or some other form of animal care worker.

This is exactly why I can't be a doctor to human or animals. :(

If that was what you had to do as an intern, just think about a full job position. Actually, don't think about it.

well what you expect? Thats like wanting to be a people doctor but being grossed out by blood or sick people