By sarahijklmnop - 15/11/2012 01:04 - United States - Louisville

Today, I started at my first job. Within the first five minutes of arriving, I was followed around by a white guy who repeatedly sang to me, "Black people love making music" along with a few of his own songs. It resulted in me getting fired for bringing my "boyfriend" to work. I didn't even know him. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 128
You deserved it 2 016

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Free boyfriend! And you don't even need an iPod anymore!

Maybe it's for the best, if your boss is like that. How can a boss just assume they know something like that? Ugh sorry OP good luck finding another job

Comments

HelloChrissy 9

I'm kinda confused. What's a wigger?

I think you have to say"wigga" with an a or it's offensive. :)

You didn't stand up for yourself and say that?

TheyCallMeDamien 17

Go back and protest the firing and explain you really don't know the guy.

Exactly. Go to the manager and HR (if there is one). Call EEOC if that doesn't work. This is racial discrimination, whether impromptu or a set-up.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but are you tying to get away with the n-word by saying "wigger?" cus, wow.

I want to say FYL for being fired in the first few minutes... but, sorry, if you didn't claim you were being harassed by someone you didn't know before and after you found out you were fired - YDI.

sammyjanette 17

Ugh, the word "wigger" is almost as bad as the real thing. Your boss seems like a jerk, and maybe you're better off finding another job.

Wigger is kind of offensive. Besides wack guy seems to fit better anyway.

Atchoo 8

Maybe the whole "bringing your boyfriend" thing was just a convenient excuse. Maybe your boss realized that you're the kind of person to use the word "wigger" and just didn't want you working there.