By Anonymous - 11/09/2009 09:01 - Mongolia

Today, I spoke to my dad for the first time in over a year. I've been volunteering in Mongolia, I have no running water, freeze my ass off everyday and communication with anyone who speaks English is scarce. One of the first things my father said to me was, "out of sight, out of mind." FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 526
You deserved it 3 712

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Lolersauczors 0

She could have visited her dad or went to a different area in Mongolia. Besides, while volenteering you don't get any thing better than the people your helping. So of course she went somewhere else. God, people use logic and think.

JessicaAnnnn 0

omg you guys are dumb. when you volunteer, you are obviously helping a less fortunate part of the country. so no there isnt running water, and it probably is cold, and THERES NO INTERNET! sheesh...the people that go on these trips dont stay there the whole time, they get breaks to go back to civilization for a little bit where there is internet.... if some of you took the time to research anything you might understand.

Comments

It would be funny if you volunteered to beef up your resume as a Special Ed teacher. Mongolia is not the place they send all the Mongoloids.

funny how you dont have running water but you have internet

Ha. That sucks. I'm American of Mongolian descent.

Lol. Doesn't sound like a "nightmare" to me. :D Kidding. It's AWFUL! Ask me how I know.

friscobuff 0

YDI FOR THINKING THAT VOLUNTEERING IS A NICE THING TO DO! GET A BETTER LIFE, PLEASE?

How can you not have running water in the biggest city in Mongolia? I've been to Ulanbataar. There's running water.

jeeze, so much ignorance. first of all, there is running water in mongolia-- of course. however, if this person is volunteering somewhere that doesn't have running water, they must be in the countryside. and even then, it must be a super remote destination because i have been all over the countryside in mongolia and have found running water in most of the places. second of all, clearly the person is exaggerating when they say that they "freeze my ass off everyday", unless they are from brazil or something, because in the summer it is usually 20 - 30 degrees celsius; the winters, however, are super harsh. lastly, to "thatrandomgirl" the capital is as much "in the mountains" as denver or beijing is.. aka not at all. how do i know? because i was born there and i was also just there about 2 months ago. awesome research, you based it on a map.

ben26_fml 0

Ulaanbaatar has many English speakers even English schools, there are Christian priests and there is everything that is in America. Most people know at least basic English and it is not a 3rd world country and he is in the capital and it is the only major city.