By NakuEh - 25/12/2016 19:29 - United States

Today, I spent Christmas trying to cover up my mom's affair in hopes that my siblings could spend one Christmas without a yelling match breaking out. FML
I agree, your life sucks 9 079
You deserved it 730

NakuEh tells us more.

NakuEh 27

OP here. There have been a few questions, so I will take the time to answer them. First off, my siblings are 9 and 11 (I am a whopping 10 years older than them. Yay me.), so at this age I would like for them to keep being happy and innocent on Christmas and not associate it with the day their family was torn apart. In the case of my mom, she wasn't caught, but the reason I was the one who had to hide everything was because she was being heavily medicated after having a surgery and almost let it slip the night before. My dad has cheated on my mother multiple times and has not treated her very well, so I can understand why she would cheat and I don't pity him. I guess I've dealt with my mom crying over him for so long that I've seen this coming and it is karma. No matter what happens from here, I will not allow my siblings to be sad and have their family torn from them on Christmas because the adults don't know how to adult.

Top comments

Good for you for putting your family first, but that isn't your job to essentially be the parent of your own parent like that. It takes a lot of courage and maturity to do that, A+ for the effort ?

Indeed. I always let my family know when I'm having an affair.

Comments

Already sounds like there needs to be more communication for everyone in the family

Indeed. I always let my family know when I'm having an affair.

Me too, but I don't know why I bother. They always just tell me to shut up with my pathetic fantasies about Daryl Dixon and Tarzan.

This FML really hit home... So sorry you had to be the middle man in this situation.

Good for you for putting your family first, but that isn't your job to essentially be the parent of your own parent like that. It takes a lot of courage and maturity to do that, A+ for the effort ?

Sorry that your in this situation, and remember that this will not last. Good will come of this, like the sun shining behind a cloud, waiting to peek through.

This one definitely needs a follow-up. Was mom's cover blown? Is blackmail on the table? Is the rapture coming? So many questions.

Shame it happened but is it really your place to have to cover it up? The truth needs to come out eventually and imo they would have a right to be upset.

They have a right to know, but they don't need to find out on Christmas, especially if there are children. They'll always remember Christmas as the day their family fell apart. They don't need a federal holiday reminding them of their heartbreak every year.

11, it's just another day.grow up. life happens.

your mom is a disgusting ****. don't cover for her

writergirl1029 17

He's not doing it for her, he's doing it for his siblings, which I think is a good thing if it's very temporary. The right thing to do once the holidays are over would be to tell his dad.

it's just another day. it's doesn't matter. the proper thing to do would to tell your dad ASAP

SteelSoul5 9

She's a wonderful person who got broken by cheating man.

So, your poor father not only got cheated on, his own son helped cover it up. I'd say it's **** his life more than anyone else's.

SteelSoul5 9

He cheated on her first, he's not poor and not a victim he's the perpetrator of her going to someone else.