By bluediva24 - 26/01/2011 00:54

Today, I spent all day preparing a big, elaborate Italian dinner for my boyfriend, who recently discovered he was part Italian. He came home, turned up his nose and said "I was in the mood for Chinese". FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 870
You deserved it 4 136

Same thing different taste

Comments

sexyschmergel 0

if your girlfriend is cooking..no matter what should you disrespect that!

do you mean don't disrespect that? lol i hope so! :)

Whoops! yeah I meant to say don't disrespect. fail, on my part :/

JaydnGage 0

I'm just going to out this out there: you should have just made him a sandwich.

next time put laxatives in his food and say the washrooms are clogged

What, does he think you're a mindreader or something? What an idiot.

dezinspaaace 0

lmfao, shove his face in the spaghetti and stuff some garlic bread up his nose.

WOW_BS 0

He's a man. You better get in the kitchen and make him his well deserved Chinese food.

ha love this comment:) but why do people think garlic bread is Italian!! it's bruschetta which isn't really garlic bread. American/English people have personalised it for their taste!

SkyEatsJack 4

Bruschetta as nothing to do with garlic. I live in Italy and nobody eats garlic bread sticks here.

Should have said "and I WAS in the mood for sex!"

Acousticpixie14 6

Hahahah that's a pretty good one! OP, I'd eat the Italian myself and not stop gushing about how amazing it was, and leave him to figure dinner out for himself. Oh yeah, and don't put out tonight.

WOW_BS 0

He's a man. You better get in the kitchen and make him some well deserved Chinese food.

m0tl3ycru3qwr 0

We already knew that...but thats great! All trolls should come out of the closet like that. It's not healthy for u keep everything all bottled up inside. Itz okay to feel sad sumtymes!!!

16 wins the WTF are you smoking before you post award. and maybe he really really wanted Chinese? :)

"I still am in the mood for your sister."

fiveonefiveoh 0

well.. just because he just found out hes Italian, doesn't mean he's gone crave Italian! lmao tho.. still, u took the time out to cook for him, he should appreciate any meal u cook for him.. Ur a sweetheart

dudeitsdanny 9

You know, I have to agree. Why would he suddenly want Italiab food after finding out he's Italian? OP deserves it a little for making such assumption, but he should be happy you cook for him at all. Still.. That was a big assumption, OP. Stuff like this works better when you make plans for it. Surprises are nice, but some stuff is good to ask about. Not like being Italian is reason to celebrate.

Assumptions? My guess is that OP's boyfriend already had eaten Italian food in his lifetime - who, in this culture, has not? - and that OP just wanted to cook an Italian meal as a sweet gesture. It's rude of the boyfriend to turn up his nose, whilst seeing and therefore knowing that his girlfriend has spend lots of effort and preparation in it. He should be damn happy that his girlfriend is willing to do that for him. There is always another day for Chinese.

cradle6 13

34- exactly. The whole business about it being Italian is irrelevant. The fact that OP spent time and effort making an elaborate meal is very sweet and should be appreciated. His response makes me think he should be put down. He's an asshole. But since, fmls only tell part of story, it is possible that he was just making a quick joke. As long as he told her right after. And if so, then obviously this is not an fml.

Acousticpixie14 6

Hahahah that's a pretty good one! OP, I'd eat the Italian myself and not stop gushing about how amazing it was, and leave him to figure dinner out for himself. Oh yeah, and don't put out tonight.

sourgirl101 28

Fine, tell him he's a charge of dinner then! Sorry OP. At least Italian tastes so much better the next day. IMO. (: