By SilentSin - 25/08/2015 02:02 - United States - Canton

Today, I spent an hour trying to sleep before work, but I couldn't because my two dogs wouldn't stop barking. Completely pissed off, I finally went and told the little fuck nuggets to shut the shit up. I was then immediately knocked unconscious by the burglar in my house. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 806
You deserved it 16 569

SilentSin tells us more.

SilentSin 23

OP here. I just wanna clear things up. I work third shift and go to college full time, so yes, I do take naps every now and then before work (usually right after classes), and the two dogs I own are a Pomeranian and a chihuahua terroir, both of which are two very small breeds of dogs. So for those saying that dogs are meant for protection, yeah, not these. Pomeranians are very defensive of their territory, so no matter who or what my Pom sees or hears outside, she'll bark like crazy. The chihuahua usually does the same thing; they bark even when they hear me open the garage door. No, I never heard the intruder break in and yes, I have trained the dogs both to silence the barking but only on command. So since they were in a different room than me, I went and commanded them to silence, and yes I didn't think there was a burglar in the house because like I said earlier, these dogs bark at EVERYTHING. Being distracted by the dogs, I did get KO'd but it wasn't for too long. I woke up only minutes after, called police and managed to catch the thief, so it's all good now. I hope this clears things up and that y'all have a fantastic day!

Comments

For those who say dogs bark for nothing, it's because they are too bored. There is also such thing as training. Train you dog to only bark when something's happening and be able to get them to stop on command. Spend time with them everyday. Remember to give them adequate exercise and give them something to preoccupy their mind when they are left alone so that they won't get bored. If you can't do this at the very least, you don't deserve a dog.

If OP's dogs are anything like most dogs they have two different barks. One bark says "Hey! I'm bored! Pay attention to me!" and the other says "There's something or someone here that needs to be investigated!" I have 3 dogs and can tell the difference in their barks for all 3. If my 2 that are outside give the warning bark I make sure to be extra cautious when going to see whatever they're barking at. So it does suck that OP's place got broken into and they got knocked out but also they deserve it for not being more observant of their dogs.

I was wondering this too. My dog has a few different types of barks for different things. There's a bark because he wants food or treats, a different bark if he sees another dog go by, and several others. I find it kind of weird that he didn't notice the different bark that the dogs were using, especially considering the fact that they were most likely growling as well. Weird.

I always wonder, when I yell at my dog for barking, if there might really be a reason this time. Now I guess I know it could happen. FYL, everyone will think it's just dogs being dogs.

katina1236 20

Dogs bark for a reason, and there are different types of barks to signify different things for them. I think after the first few barks, a red flag should have gone up for you. I have 2 dogs and they rarely bark, unless it's on command or they see someone outside. They stop after one or two barks, or if I tell them to stop; but if someone they don't know is there or they become startled their barks become deeper and louder, and the hair on their backs poof up

shit_fer_luck 8

My dog have very distinct bark/barking patterns for different situations. There's the "Hey look! A neighbor kid is doing something that looks fun!", the "OMG YOU'RE HOME!!!!! YOU'RE HOMMMEEE!", the "I gotta go out and bark at nothing of importance", the "another dog is barking, and I need to participate", the "someone I know is here!!", the "CAT! CAAAAAAT!", the "I dunno what's going on, but I'm not happy about it", and finally the "SOME ****** IS OUTSIDE!!! I DON'T KNOW THIS ******. THIS ****** IS BAD NEWS". Man, my dog is awesome.

Our Pomeranian's just psycho and barks at everything. We even have to lock her in a room or hold her back sometimes because she can be scary. We've tried training her but either we're really bad at it or there's something wrong with her brain. Our lab on the other hand is a big baby and if he barks it's usually to get us to pay attention because something's wrong or to say "hi" to us or other people.

spend some time training your dogs and get them something to do. if they bark at night they are probably bored out of their little minds. also, learn the difference in their " I'm bored or a moron bark" and "there is someone about to hit you over the head bark" my pit bull only barked if there was something wrong, because I trained her that way. she let me know if there was something I need to go check out and that I need to be careful... sorry op. but ydi, they tried to tell you and you wouldn't listen

...they weren't barking because they were bored. They were barking because there was a burglar in the house. That is a good reason to bark. The OP never said this was something they regularly do in the absence of a burglar.

bet, you feel like a ******** now, huh? :D