By SilentSin - 25/08/2015 02:02 - United States - Canton

Today, I spent an hour trying to sleep before work, but I couldn't because my two dogs wouldn't stop barking. Completely pissed off, I finally went and told the little fuck nuggets to shut the shit up. I was then immediately knocked unconscious by the burglar in my house. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 806
You deserved it 16 569

SilentSin tells us more.

SilentSin 23

OP here. I just wanna clear things up. I work third shift and go to college full time, so yes, I do take naps every now and then before work (usually right after classes), and the two dogs I own are a Pomeranian and a chihuahua terroir, both of which are two very small breeds of dogs. So for those saying that dogs are meant for protection, yeah, not these. Pomeranians are very defensive of their territory, so no matter who or what my Pom sees or hears outside, she'll bark like crazy. The chihuahua usually does the same thing; they bark even when they hear me open the garage door. No, I never heard the intruder break in and yes, I have trained the dogs both to silence the barking but only on command. So since they were in a different room than me, I went and commanded them to silence, and yes I didn't think there was a burglar in the house because like I said earlier, these dogs bark at EVERYTHING. Being distracted by the dogs, I did get KO'd but it wasn't for too long. I woke up only minutes after, called police and managed to catch the thief, so it's all good now. I hope this clears things up and that y'all have a fantastic day!

Comments

Burton_Forever 23

Maybe next time check around to make sure they aren't barking at nothing........

RenoTheRhino 30

..........…………………

That's why I don't have dogs, their barking annoys the shit out of me. YDI.

Woah name calling is unnecessary, he just doesn't like dogs, you don't need to be mean to them because they dislike dogs..

You must be new to the Internet if you can't tell calling someone a "heartless monster" isn't serious. Chill out.

Well, that is why they call them "watchdogs". But still, FYL, OP.

You're alright though? I mean, you wrote this.

FieldLeftBlank 20

Why didn't they bite is my question.

Maybe they were in a room separate from the room with the burglar. Even then though, dogs will generally bark differently depending on when they're barking.

OP, I feel you. My two dogs bark for no reason at all into the hours of the night, I can't stand it. However, in the future, if they are barking so much, you might want to go downstairs and take a look, just in case. FYL

How did the burglar get in? Out of curiosity. I wonder if he got in silently?

sarcasticjane 27

You need to work on 1) your sleep habits and 2) your anger if the dogs barking causes you to become so frustrated you are not aware of burglars or your surroundings. Dogs bark when something is out of the normal for them, unless they are not trained and then they will bark at anything. So, perhaps you should also work on training your dogs if this is a continuous occurrence. Either way, you did it to yourself.