By WhatdyaDo - 16/03/2009 09:55 - Canada

Today, I spent a solid four hours and over one hundred dollars preparing a nice fancy meal for my new girlfriend. A delicious three pound rack of ribs with a sweet and sour marinade. Steam broccoli with melted cheese. Home made buttermilk biscuits. I serve the meal. She doesn't eat beef. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 938
You deserved it 69 299

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That sucks, but before you go all-out on a meal like that you should at least know what she likes and doesn't like.

Wildcard 0

awww :( i eat beef, when's dinner?? :P

Comments

xolotl 0

I figured after I read this, everyone would be telling the OP he should have known she didn't eat beef. Not true. If he was preparing dinner for them, she should have told him about any restrictions. It's the polite thing to do so this exact thing doesn't happen.

haha08 0

aww that sounds like a great dinner. hello..he said new girlfriend, you don't automatically learn that someone doesnt eat beef if she doesnt mention it.

22cute 17

That's right, so you ASK if you actually care.

That's your own dumbass fault. A rack of ribs as a romantic dinner? That's the best you could do?

prvag23 0

When I see the phrase "rack of ribs" I think pork. Which is NOT beef. Sorry, dude. You'll find a girl that appreciates your cooking.

'appreciates' is different from 'doesn't or cannot eat.' hopefully she was gracious enough to eat the sides and be happy that he spent the time and money to cook the meal, but just because she doesn't eat beef doesn't mean she doesn't appreciate it!

I dont' eat meat but if my gf put that much love into a meal for me. I would eat it. she would however know i prefer and eat a vegetarian diet. But well. it is life. you should have asked her, or she should have told. there could have been food allergies. Ultimatly it is both of your responsibilities.

blacklagoon_fml 0

Aw that's really sweet! But how did you not know she doesn't eat beef? Don't be discouraged... even though YDI :P

This reminds me of "How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days" haha

swimmer14 0

hahahaha yeah hopefully your girlfriend wasn't as annoying as that girl.

AshlenDoll 0

Theres still the broccoli & buttermilk buscuits?

bread_fml 0

You probably should have taken 2 seconds out of the 4 hours to ask your gf if she eats meat.

Well, she can eat the other food. And that leaves more ribs for you.