By Anonymous - 29/03/2009 05:04 - United States

Today, I saw a spider in my bathtub, so instead of killing it, i decided to bring my dog inside the bathroom to kill the spider for me. Turns out that the spider was a black widow, and my dog was bit. The dog killed the spider. The spider killed my dog. FML
I agree, your life sucks 90 154
You deserved it 185 594

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Oiii, that's so terrible!! I'm sorry to hear that. ):

vicious_ 0

Wow. This is why you run water when the spider is in the bathtub. Poor dog.

Comments

TryToBeKind 0

I don't think you rubbed your hands together and decided to kil your dog. what if you had a sig.other kill it and it turned out that way? what if you said 'eff it' and got in anyway? It was pure bad luck, if you don't like spiders you don't look closely. I'm so sorry :-( Definitely, next time just drown the damned thing. Or drop a bible on it, as I'm prone to do to spiders.

foryoublue94 0

SMART. Kill the spider yourself!! Seriously?! T_T poor dog but that also sucks for you because you're out a dog. Hope it didn't bite you and you didn't know O.o

Sorry but that is very dumb of you. A black widow is pretty easy to identify because of the huge butt and the red cross on it. If you live in a place where there are poisonous spiders then never let your dog kill it. Your poor puppy :(

That's terrible... I'm sorry to hear that

I'm very sorry about your dog, but who uses a dog to kill a spider?!?!?

Bubs_fml 0

Even if you didn't know if it was a black widow, they're pretty nasty looking spiders so you'd probably notice that it's out of the ordinary. Sorry to hear about your dog, though. #25: You would not want to handle a deadly spider in anything that it could escape, including toilet paper. The spider could easily bite you through the paper.

Oooh, I tell a lie. Turns out black widows are known as redbacks down here. I'd never made the connection before now. And it's probably an urban legend, but I was always told that it was very difficult to drown a redback, so washing it down the drain wouldn't necessarily be the best course of action. But yeah, I stand by my original comment: bug spray is the way to go.

What is with you people???? Lots of people get their dogs to kill bugs, and it's not like people study spider books or something. I'm sorry for your loss. It wasn't your fault.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

u didnt bring ur dog to the vet so they can give ur dog anti-venom or something like that?