By Anonymous - 29/03/2009 05:04 - United States

Today, I saw a spider in my bathtub, so instead of killing it, i decided to bring my dog inside the bathroom to kill the spider for me. Turns out that the spider was a black widow, and my dog was bit. The dog killed the spider. The spider killed my dog. FML
I agree, your life sucks 90 154
You deserved it 185 594

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Oiii, that's so terrible!! I'm sorry to hear that. ):

vicious_ 0

Wow. This is why you run water when the spider is in the bathtub. Poor dog.

Comments

#16/18 ftw. #29: ...I don't know kind of person you/those people are, but you don't use your pets to do your "dirty work". I'm an arachnaphobic. I lock up when I get near spiders, but I would NEVER send my dog after one. Fact is, as a responsible pet owner it's your job to keep your pet safe. Sending him/her after a Black Widow is NOT the way to do that. Furthermore, if you live in an area in which Black Widows exist, I find it a little hard to believe that you have no idea what one looks like. :/

omg this is terrible! why didn't you just kill it yourself jerk

phobes 0

damn man, i was saddened by this post. I'm sorry for your loss :(

Um either this is fake, sensationalized, or "true" I mean, a Black Window has a red hourglass on it's abdomen. It's the one of the most poisonous spiders in the world. Flipping through channels I'm sure in your lifetime you'd have seen a picture of one somewhere. Also I thought that they liked dark, dry places whereas a bathroom isn't usually dry from all the humidity and moisture. I think it was a spider and bit your dog but I don't really think your dog died. If so, YDI since you obviously don't know what a black widow looks like or trying to get a little sympathy for doing something idiotic.

You people are jerks. If the OP has a phobia of spiders then that explains why she/he got the dog to kill it. And if He/She had tried to kill it themself then they could of been the ones who were dead.

#26: In Sydney, there's a very dangerous (and huge) spider called the sydney funnel web, and if you see one you're supposed to get a dog to kill it. Its poison kills humans and most other primates but dogs and cats are unaffected. No one really knows why...but if he's in australia (which I doubt because the black widow is called the redback there...) then it would be perfectly normal to have your dog kill a spider. To the OP: there is antivenom for it, didn't you realize that your dog was in pain or acting strange after? Well if your dog is small then I guess it would have died quickly...But for future reference I think you can get a shot of antivenom for your pet in an emergency.

your dog is a martyr now. he has like 62 virgins in heaven.

#36 If you live in an area where black widows are common that you should at least check what kind if spider there is in your bath tub. I live in a country where no deadly poisonous spiders are living so... if I wanted to kill a spider it would be safe to call my dog (although I don't have one atm ;(). If I'm living with poisonous insects/reptiles I certainly would not call in the dog.

BlerbFace306 0

im not one to kill spiders, nor have i ever seen a black widow, but i probably would have just closed the door and waited for someone like my dad to come home and drop a book on it.

fcuk_mylife 0