By Anonymous - 03/12/2014 18:34 - United States - Hartford

Today, I realized that although I'm dating the most loveable, caring and genuine man, the fact that he's a crack addict means I'll never be his drug of choice when he needs a hit. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 934
You deserved it 21 565

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Surely the fact he takes crack is concern enough?

OP, shouldn't you be more worried that he's a crack addict?

Comments

He is only loving and caring so he can steal your stuff. and definitely not genuine

Wow... That really took me by surprise ha.

Goldeyez84 7

Get out! Don't let it fool you! It's just an act... Before you know it he will be stealing your stuff to support his crack addiction.... I know cause I have been there but I didn't realize mine was using until it was too late.... You better believe I locked his tail in jail! Nothing will get him better, no amount of help... If your smart you will take heed to this warning and move in with your life without him.....

So you're saying instead of trying to help him she should just leave while he continues ruining his life and possibly dying because of it?

I disagree that "nothing will get him better, no amount of help" and I bet you the many other recovered drug addicts would too. I agree that many don't want help or that they're addiction is too strong and may never get better, but there also many who recover from addiction and end up leading normal healthy lives. To say that he just won't get better and that no amount of help will help him is a little mean and not necessarily true.

It is true that a lot of people with addictions can end up stealing from loved ones and even changing personalities. It is very hard and people who have loved ones with an addiction know it is a real struggle - I really admire these people who go through so much. We shouldn't judge them for what they do or don't do - if they find they need to kick the person out of the house or let them stay with them. It is hard whatever you do. You can love someone but realise to help them you need to tough love, or you can love them but not be able to handle their behaviour caused by the addiction (as you absolutely need to look after yourself), or you can stay with them - there is not necessarily a right or wrong way to do this.

kaylarose114 7

Shouldn't you be a little bit more concerned about the crack addiction?

stupid bitch... a crack adict? good job you have great taste...

Get out, OP. It's only a matter time for stealing your stuff to support his addiction. Get out while you can.

jllad1 7

Kind genuine, lovable crack addict... Your full of s*#t... I've seen any drug addicts... Those are not words that I would use to describe them.

Firstly, as an ex-addict I can tell you to end the relationship. You will never come first until he is no longer an addict. Getting clean and staying clean takes years. Any feelings you have for this man will be destroyed by the outcomes of addiction. You are far better placed being a supportive friend.